Another Reason We Have A Poor View In The Public Eye

Quakefire

I'm confident that English is not the native language of the author.

Babs and I laughed our asses off at this this morning...That has got to be coming from a site overseas or something...

Saw it too. I actually wasn't as offended as I thought I'd be. It's atrocious, but more and more I'm becoming less concerned by the layperson's perception of us and more concerned by our own efforts (or lack thereof) to elevate our own profession. Still, it is by far the worst description of a paramedic that I think I've ever seen.

I've been thinking about it a little more. Maybe it is not a bed thing. This would be a great way to weed out the trauma junkies who only do it for "the good calls." Would one of these people actually do the job if this was what reality was?

• Like 1

This was posted to facebook, I find the "Career Overview" to be disturbing and disgusting. Thoughts?

http://www.careerove...vice/paramedic/

Is this some kind of sick joke? This is hands down without question the most rediculous thing I have ever read concerning what a paramedic does.....I dont even know what to say about this.....

• 1 month later...

Wow !

That is bad...

We actually had a poster from the Greensboro area, I believe he was the medical director for an adjacent county. NC, and the Greensboro area as described in that article, I do not believe is accurate. We have a lot of good things happening in NC regarding EMS. We have Wake County, so that trumps all.... right?

The article though, was quite funny. I have to agree with Bieber though, I'd rather work on us, the rest I think will follow.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.