Another Reason We Have A Poor View In The Public Eye

Quakefire

I like the part where Medics assist EMT's. Does this mean my medic gets to carry my bags now?

EDIT: Who ever wrote that article is a total goobersmooch.

Email sent to info@careeroverview.com. Lets see how they respond. If you like you can write them as well.

Dear sirs,

The information that you have posted Career and Education Opportunities for Paramedics in Greensboro, North Carolina is grossly incorrect. It appears that you have listed the job description for EMT' instead of the Paramedic job description. I will provide you with a web site where you can begin to research what the role of an ALS (Advanced Life Support) Provider or Paramedic does.

The description you have presented of a "Paramedic's" job is demeaning and insulting.

Cheers

Edited by DFIB
  • Like 2

Was this written by a second grader? I love the, " Finally, paramedics accompany and assist emergency medical technicians on calls," part. I guess we can say that in Greensboro, NC EMTs save lives, paramedics save EMTs.

• Like 1

I am glad I am an EMT, this way I don't get stuck doing all the clean up work like a paramedic.

I was totally being sarcastic, basing my comment on the career overview article. No it couldn't have been wriiten by a second grader, they have too much intelligence compared to the writer in that article.

I also sent a comment to the email address as listed above

"Sirs,

I read the horrific career overview regarding the duties of paramedics as compared to EMTs.

The writer apparently did not do their homework regarding the duties of each of these positions. The paramedic is not the clean up person for EMTs. The paramedic requires a much higher level of knowledge and duties than that of the EMT.

As an EMT, I work with many paramedics who can make doctors look bad.

Please either rewrite or retract the article and print something that looks like some research went into it."

Edited by emtdennis
  • Like 2

This is my favourite part!

Similar jobs with educational opportunities in Greensboro include:

• Bus Driver. Drive bus or motor coach, including regular route operations, charters, and private carriage. May assist passengers with baggage. May collect fares or tickets.
  • School Bus Driver. Transport students or special clients.
  • Taxi Driver. Drive automobiles, vans, or limousines to transport passengers. May occasionally carry cargo.

• Like 4

As an EMT, I work with many paramedics who can make doctors look bad.

Oh, you had me right up to that point. You are right about the second grader having too much intelligence to have written it.

cprted, missed that part but it is pretty funny. I think this article is a fail all around. Fail on grammar, basic sentence structure and research. Then again, maybe it was written by someone from the IAFF.

• Like 3

I realize that the EMS system needs overhauling (especially in educational requirements), but compared to this job description, shows like Rescue Me and Third Watch (Turd Watch, Dust?) actually do us a favor rather than a disservice!

The author of that 'article' needs to be sent back to school where hopefully this time, they will pay attention to the lesson plan!

• Like 1

I found the job description to describe the qualifications of anyone standing on the side of the street with an old first aid ticket in their wallet. They describe Paramedics in a way that would make Ambulance Drivers of old ashamed and pass that off as career counciling advice.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.