This seems so wrong

DFIB

I wonder why employees think that they can use their work equipment that does not belong to them for personal reasons. It is even worse that the media portrays the misuse of equipment and public resources a cute. The taxpayers of Salt Lake City should send them a bill and sanctions levied against all involved.

See the video here

Romantic? Possibly

Wasteful? Yes

Hazardous to equipment and manpower? Possibly

I'm sure that there were better ways to propose that didn't include misuse of department equipment and personnel, that would have been more romantic and sentimental.

I've never understood why people only focus on one or two facets of their lives as if thats the ONLY defining factor that makes them who/what they are. This also applies to the NASCAR weddings, the ones that just HAVE to take place in the bar that the couple met in....you get the idea...

Yes, firefighting is a profession, just as being an EMT; just as being a CEO for Bank of America, Wells Fargo or Avis Car Rental. How many weddings do you see that are themed with Dollar General or Family Dollar? How about one with a Walmart theme, because the couple crashed their carts into each other in the dairy section?

Yes, I was a firefighter, I'm also an EMT; but I absolutely REFUSE to let either be the central focus of my life (where I can only eat, drink, breathe, sleep Fire Department or EMS)...

As far as misuse of the department's equipment and personnel, I think that sanctions should be levied and disciplinary action persued over the incident.

Long time no see, Longstar. It is good to see you around again. I wonder how far up the food chain you would have to go to get the city to loan you a ladder truck?

Lighten up? Is that a legal term that justifies resource variance?

The arguments seem to stem from certain assumptions. What process did this person go through to have this approved, did he in fact pay for it, was it integrated into a training exercise and so. I would need to have more information in order to automatically condemn this person's actions and demand sanctions/disciplinary action.

You are correct once again Mr. chbare. The question I would ask is who has the authority to authorize the private use of public resources and what are the odds that person or group of persons would agree to the variance of city resources? Short of the city council who legitimately has that authority?

Yeah. There are quite a few assumptions made about the details surrounding this event. We don't know the details. We don't know the background. We just don't know what was involved to make this happen.

Plus, the press were involved. Did the reporter just happen to be there? By random coincidence? Or was this coordinated as a huge PR piece for both the FD and PD?

Yeah. There are quite a few assumptions made about the details surrounding this event. We don't know the details. We don't know the background. We just don't know what was involved to make this happen.

Plus, the press were involved. Did the reporter just happen to be there? By random coincidence? Or was this coordinated as a huge PR piece for both the FD and PD?

Can mismanagement be considered good PR?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.