PD Shoots Dog, Ignores Seizure Victim

Chief1C

Pardon my lack of a sensor button (it's been a busy day in the dept) but are you f'ing serious? This has nothing to do with manning up. It was a viscous dog that tried to attack a civilian and then turned it's attack on an officer not 5 feet away. The ONLY option in this case is lethal force (which, in the end, it wasn't as the dog survived). These are NYC patrol officers. They DO NOT carry tranquilizer guns. Why the hell should they? There are about 8000 more useful things they could carry on their belt. I'm a dog lover too, but damn, get out in the real world and open your eyes. It was a split second decision made in potentially fatal situation. Just look at the guy afterwards, he had no desire to fire his weapon. Why would any cop want to fire their weapon. There is so much friggin' paperwork and inquiries afterwards. Work a day in their shoes before you look down on them they way you do.

As for your car, I feel for you but do you have any idea how the US legal system works? People get caught red handed and still get off. Do you really think a jury is going to convict these guys based on your circumstantial evidence? About the only way you are going to get a conviction is if they find the car in one of their driveways. Don't be so f'ing naive.

Nope, I know they wouldnt... Thats why I have no faith in the US legal system, either. What a disaster it is.

We're more concerned with figuring out what was going through that guys head when he decided to shoot up a movie theater than just giving him what he deserves. How many people are sitting in prison for minor marijuana offenses, while we stock our convenient stores with liquor and load tv and magazines with advertisements? How many innocent people are sitting in jail for crimes they didn't commit? The list goes on, and on.

A little disappointing when the people who did it are right under there noses and they can't do anything about it. Meanwhile they probably caught some highschooler for smoking a joint, instead.

And I still think that he should have just tackled that dog. Pretty weak move to bust out the gun as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by KSL2786

Don't blame the cops. Their hands are tied. It is the lawyers and politicians that make the laws, remember that whole separation of powers thing? As for doing the right thing for criminals, we should just ignore that whole 14th amendment thing.

No sir I wasn't blaming the cops I was just sharing my views on the legal system since you brought it up. It was a change of topic, I know the cops have nothing to do with it.

Edited by KSL2786

I do.

I'm not blaming the cops for the large scale issues of our legal system, it was a change of topic since he asked me a question about how I felt about it.

Edited by KSL2786

I blame them for their first hand actions and choices. They are the ones who initially act to put someone in the legal system in the first place. Once they're in the legal system they're out of the police officers hands, right?

But you are blaming them for the problems with the legal system as a whole. You have made your bias obvious with your meter-maid comment. Try spending some time with some cops in a real city and you will see how out of touch with reality you are. I'm not saying all cops are angels (Abner Louima?) but most are good guys who want to do a good job.

I acknowledge that and I know there are, I have a good friend who is a Sheriff.. I apologize for making a generalization, didn't realize it would be so touchy.

Edited by KSL2786