Saudi EMS Opinions

No experience here, but there's a couple of folks here with experience working in the middle east and remote duty medicine in general. An interesting read on working EMS in Saudi Arabia is the book Paramedic to the Prince.

I've got a handful of buddies that have started the process to work over there as contractors in my former specialty. As they got closer and closer to signing the contract the salary got lower and lower. Be careful and protect yourself. Lots of shadiness has been coming out of the companies over there. Not al are bad by anymeans. Good luck with it.

• Like 1

I know a few folks that have worked in Saudi: They were hired as trainers and Paramedics about 15 years ago for the Red Crescent society.

All but one finished their 2 yr contract and came home.

The one person, last I knew is still there wearing his dishdash.

In modern times of contract work , there are the good the bad & the ugly when it comes to overseas contract work.

Some employers care about the help.

The rest will use you up and when they're done with you dump you by the wayside in the effort to line their pockets on other folks labor.

don't sign a thing until you read the fine print carefully.

It is a huge difference if you work for a company as remote medic/industrial medic or if you work for the red crescent directly/some contractor where you work as a "frontline medic" for the regular EMS.

The first thing can be quite okay...The later is a clear "stay away" thing..... Further info by message only.

Get a job in Dubai, UAE. A few places serve booze, but your life will become very difficult if you appear drunk in public. Best to keep a low profile, and save up all that cash, and beer-drinking energy for when you get back home.

I guess I need to emphasize that my decisision is not solely based off of alcohol availablitly. Perhaps the slight hint of sarcasm around that last statement was hard for you to pick up via forum post, Island. But just the same, to imply someone may be an alcoholic based off of that is both irresponsible and closeminded on your part. I do enjoy a good beer from time to time. It helps remind me about the tasty freedoms that I (and many before me) fought for. Thank you for your concern but perhaps those at the AA forums would better receive your pearls of wisdom

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.