Rural Fire department volunteer or paid

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our system in our town right now in Vol. but times are changing and we might have to go to paid soon. Everyone working the day shift, so there might be a plan in the near future to go paid, but right now, there is 3 of us answering the call for 2000 here in our town.

Peace.....

• 2 weeks later...

porter fire department is what they call a "combonation department". that means we have a full time duty crew, but have volunteers also. Their is a little tension between the volunteers and the duty crew, but I guess that is to be expected. I t still works out pretty well though! me- 100% volunteer firefighter.

:shock: We are Volunteer and receive a stipend for calls. Ambulance and fire are combined and work well together. Toughest thing is getting to the damn station. I do forsee a paid department in the next few years - finding voluteers (stipend or not) in todays world of double jobs etc... its going to happen. Oh yeah, Population 7200 with around 580 ems runs per year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.