Does anyone have the 1974 article on GCS published in the Lancet?

Hi kids

I have exceptionally weak google fu at times and it seems this week is one of those weeks

I have been trying to find a copy of jennett and teasedle's (??spelling) article on GCS published in the lancet in 1974. If anyone has an electronic copy or a link to a full text article they could PM me i would be very grateful. I have been looking for some time without success

Thanks

Hi kids

I have exceptionally weak google fu at times and it seems this week is one of those weeks

I have been trying to find a copy of jennett and teasedle's (??spelling) article on GCS published in the lancet in 1974. If anyone has an electronic copy or a link to a full text article they could PM me i would be very grateful. I have been looking for some time without success

Thanks

Will this link work? http://scholar.googl...=en&as_sdt=0,26

Just a thought that it might be able to link you back to something in that era. I hope it helps. I'll keep looking though.

How bout this link http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673674916390

It will cost you though. IT's the complete article but it will cost $31.50

Michael

Edited by Captain ToHellWithItAll

Assessment of coma and impaired consciousness. A practical scale.

Authors: Jennett B

Source: Lancet Publishing Group : London

Country of Publication: ENGLAND

NLM ID: 2985213R

Publication Model: Print

Cited Medium: Print

ISSN: 0140-6736 (Print)

Linking ISSN: Coma/Brain Damage, Chronic/Coma/Eye Movements ; Humans ; Movement ; innervation ; physiopathology ; Reflex ; diagnosis ; diagnosis ; Verbal Behavior Contributed Indexing:

Indexing Agency: NASA

Local ID #: 74298509.

Entry Dates: Date Created: 19741025

Date Completed: 19741025

Latest Revision: 20041117

Update Code: 20111122

PMID: 4136544

Database: MEDLINE with Full Text

Check PMs.

Edited by Arctickat

thanks guys. I can find plenty of places where they want to slug you 30-50 bucks to get it but i was hoping someone may already have a legitimate "freeware" type copy, particularly given its age

Thanks to the people who PM'd me, much appreciated

I will make a trip to the ku med center library tomorrow to see if they have a copy that far back. if so Ill make a copy and get with you to send you via email

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I will make a trip to the ku med center library tomorrow to see if they have a copy that far back. if so Ill make a copy and get with you to send you via email

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man

I love this joint :D

thanks guys. I can find plenty of places where they want to slug you 30-50 bucks to get it but i was hoping someone may already have a legitimate "freeware" type copy, particularly given its age

Thanks to the people who PM'd me, much appreciated

ok, my trip to the library was a bust. in order to get the article I had to either be a KU Med student or needed to be dating a doctor or a med student and I'm not pretty enough or rich enough.

My advice, find a doctor at the hospital of your choice down where you are at. Next ask them if they could check their library if they have a subscription to the Lancet. Then if they will be so kind to do a lancet search for Jennett as author and 1974 as year of publication and that will pull the article up. If the library has a subscription to the Lancet then the Library should be able to get the article printed out for you for no charge.

The librarian at the KU med center was being a bitch and was following the policy strictly. Maybe if I went to the UMKC medical school library they might be more lapse but I'm not sure if you want me to expend that much effort for this.

I will if you want. I'm in between projects and sort of out of work so it's not a big deal for me.

Let me know what you want me to do.

I even went to the link I supplied and it wont even show me the purchase article button anymore.

Hey ERDOC or Doczilla, could you maybe help Bushy out?

Edited by Captain ToHellWithItAll

ok, my trip to the library was a bust. in order to get the article I had to either be a KU Med student or needed to be dating a doctor or a med student and I'm not pretty enough or rich enough.

My advice, find a doctor at the hospital of your choice down where you are at. Next ask them if they could check their library if they have a subscription to the Lancet. Then if they will be so kind to do a lancet search for Jennett as author and 1974 as year of publication and that will pull the article up. If the library has a subscription to the Lancet then the Library should be able to get the article printed out for you for no charge.

The librarian at the KU med center was being a bitch and was following the policy strictly. Maybe if I went to the UMKC medical school library they might be more lapse but I'm not sure if you want me to expend that much effort for this.

I will if you want. I'm in between projects and sort of out of work so it's not a big deal for me.

Let me know what you want me to do.

I even went to the link I supplied and it wont even show me the purchase article button anymore.

Hey ERDOC or Doczilla, could you maybe help Bushy out?

Youv'e done too much already, thanks for your effort bud. ;)

I have a hard copy of the document on the way, it should be in my hands by Tuesday. I can then fax, scan, or mail it to you.

Scan would be good. I reallly appreciate your help guys

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.