Electrocution without electricity

mobey

I was wondering if something happened because of the "scuffle". Agree, 100% thats how we continue to learn

Malaria?

I don't know squat about xrays, but I'm wondering if that doesn't show a compression injury, the pressure from which maybe would explain the bilat symptoms?

What confuses me about a spinal injury creating bilat, though only partial paralysis symptoms is that intuitively I wouldn't expect the symptoms to be mirrored unless the damage was exactly the same to each set of nerves, which seems unlikley?

So, bottom line, I'm going with Malaria....

So do we have a diagnosis yet?

I know absolutely nothing about radiology, I could diagnose the car in the colon from an x-ray, but that is about it. I can only assume that the film shows an abnormality.

Edited by DFIB

I'm not great with radiographs, either. I'm still learning. While not a great image it looks like a c-1 compression fracture. What's confusing me, though, is that if it's his forearms that are bothing him that badly I'd want to see the lower c-spine and upper t-spine in the radiograph. C-6 through C-8 would be the spinal nerves affecting that area.

Got a c-spine CT to go along with this?

I don't want to take the fun away from Mobey, so I'll let him decide how this thread runs but I will say that all the info you need is in the history and the xray.

I don't want to take the fun away from Mobey, so I'll let him decide how this thread runs but I will say that all the info you need is in the history and the xray.

I guess we will wait then but the X-ray seems abnormal somehow. If the top one is C1, then C2 seems to be short and the space between the vertebrae looks narrow. I also don't know what those two radiopaque lines in the cephalic vertebrae are. the ones that look kind of like a wishbone. Hmmm.

Maybe not a compression fracture. It's definitely involving C-1/C-2, though. It doesn't line up correctly. So whether we're looking at a dislocation, displaced Dens fracture, cord compression or something else(?) I guess we'll find out.

Hurry up, Mobey.