Walk for Autism

celticcare

Through the years, I have had the fortune of meeting some amazing people through this site, some have been mentors, some have been companions, some have been lovers even ;) and some have been the boil on my ass that is humanity ;).... but now I am posting to support my mentor and friend Dwayne.

Over time I have gotten to know this man, and be part of his family and see the pride and admiration for his lad Dylan, growing and striving each day with the silent affliction in the world of Autism.

Dylan and Dwaynes wife are doing a fundraising walk for the Charity Autism Speaks. Below is the link to Dylan's own personal page for the walk. His goal is 150 dollars. I think we as a collective can do better than that.

Think of the mentoring, support, advice and guidance Dwayne has given many of us, learnt from us as we have from him, and is an all round example, that I have found, of a medic and a father.

Go to the link, Sponsor Dylan through this event and reaffirm that we are a collective measure and unit for them all to do this :)

http://www.walknowforautismspeaks.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1034010&lis=1&kntae1034010=F5DF4178883C47538FF84A6859545D97&supId=362897320

Scotty

And also there is a page for sponsoring for Dylans crew. The link is below but I think we as a group make sure Dylans quota is met first and then onto his crew,

http://www.walknowforautismspeaks.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1034010&lis=1&kntae1034010=F5DF4178883C47538FF84A6859545D97&supId=362873720

Scotty

• Like 1

I will sponsor Dylan without a problem. I'll have to do it when I get home though. :)

I gotta say though...how cool is it that he has already met his goal? Yay Dylan!!!

Edited by nypamedic43
  • Like 1

With pleasure!!!

I wasn't being vain, I didn't realize the amount donated would be posted (probably a check box I miissed).

Edited by djdudley
  • Like 1

Umm, my credit card company fraud prevention dept just called. Likely just to confirm that I posted a transaction in the U.S. I have no reason to doubt CelticCare, but it would be nice if Dwayne could verify this before I call them back and confirm the transaction.

Hey all,

Yeah, it's for real, and Celtic, what a cool friggin' think for you to do... Thanks my friend...

Kat, of course it's smart to be cautious, but Babs called me this morning (her afternoon) to tell me of your donation. What an amazing thing for you to do. You should make sure that my name is on the top of your list someday when you need a favor that I can provide. I love you Brother...thanks so much for doing that. Babs isn't really a 'spotlight' kind of person, so I was shocked, and really proud when she told me that she volunteered for the Walk committee. I'll post her email message below...

I didn't want to post the amount without your permission, but I would like to.

"Hey Babe,

I hope you're morning is starting out good! :)

I just wanted to tell you that there is already $200 in donations for the walk. How cool is that? I'm trying to log into Dylan's email to see if they sent details but can't remember the password. So they'll be a reset link somewhere in your messages. If I'm understanding correctly, 1 person Arctickat, donated $xxx and Alicia Sxxxxx donated $50. Since I don't know these people, I"m assuming they are friends of yours. How cool is that??

I read the city post but it took me a minute to figure out it wasn't you who posted it! You have some amazing friends Honey! :)

I love you <3"

Yeah Love, they are friends of mine...And knowing them is very, very cool.

Dj, thanks man. There's no vanity there. I'm truly grateful for your support.

In reference to the recent thread on how we might get more people to sponsor, and why it's worth paying for that sponsorship....

Admin, charge whatever you like. My Brothers and Sisters are all here....I'm never going anywhere.

If anyone would like to join Dylan's team, that would be really cool! You don't need to beat the bushes for money, he would just think it's cool to have a lot of people on his team...

Thank you my friends....

Dwayne

Edit: Babs just tells me that Dylan has the largest single donation from anyone collecting money for the Walk so far....Thanks Kat. :-)

Done

There was never any doubt in my mind that this message was coming! I just ate another can of that excellent fish you sent us, before coming on this rotation!

Thanks Girl...

Umm, you're welcome anytime Dwayne. :blush: It's for a much better cause than the money I waste on Greenpeace every year. I just thought it might bring silly grin to Dylan's face to see his first donation top his goal. One of my staff has an autistic daughter so I have an idea of what you guys have to deal with.

Anyone want my tax receipt? I can't use it in Canada. :)

• Like 1

Among all of the EMS forums that I can participate in EMTCITY distinguishes itself in a lot of ways. I keep coming back to this one because I find the most stimulating and thought provoking post by it's members. I obviously have not participated in all of the available forums, but usually do not find their participants not to be serious about their post.

The most attractive thing to me about The City is the sense of community that has been created among a bunch of people that for the most part have only had electronic communication. Many of the members know each other personally but most do not. Beyond being an interesting sociological phenomenon it is really, really cool.

@celticcare Thank you supporting our friend with your OP.

@ Everyone else: Go ahead and show a great kid some support and a big smile!