Audio from Aurora FD 7/20/2012

Youtube link, almost 1 hr long.

A great illustration of how an incident unfolds, and use of the Incident Command System. Listening to this, the Aurora FD and all of the responders and dispatchers did a phenomenal job in handling this extraordinary event.

'zilla

Very interesting to listen to that. Sounds like an impressive response with good organization overall. I doubt that most of us could honestly claim that our agencies would do as well in a situation like this.

• Like 1

I'd have to agree BEorP.. If you're dispatched for a small plane crash, you know you'll need either a few ambos, or the coroner.. if it's a jumbo jet.. you know you'll have a lot of injured or dead. If you're dispatched for a shooting at a theater, you don't expect to find up to 70 people with GSW's. That isn't something that you typically see in the US.

You can hear the distress in the voices of the providers, and it's almost safe to say few of them have probably ever seen something like this.. I believe they handled it very well, for interfacing agencies.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.