Passed NREMT-B need some help.

Good job on passing the test! Keep "goosing" your instructor so they can complete the required reporting.

• 2 weeks later...

So here's an update, the state finally confirmed to NREMT that I passed my state practical and I am now NREMT-b certified.

Now it is just supposed to be a waiting game on when I get my state license so I can actually get a job (it usually takes 3-4 weeks for your name to show up on the states license look-up, and then they send out the actual license early the next month.)

However I think I have run into another problem :whistle: , I searched my name to see if the state somehow put it up extremely early... And surprise, surprise my name is up on the site listing that my license is pending. (meaning it should get sent out in August as opposed to September as I thought.) The problem here is the license that is pending for me is an Emergency Medical Responder... NOT technician.

Guess I will be on the phone tomorrow attempting to work this out, hopefully its just a simple clerical error and I can still get my license relatively early. I guess this is a nice welcome to becoming an EMT-B :shifty: .

• Like 1

That's weird man... In Mississippi ( or at least through my school), to even be able to register for a date to take the NREMT on the website you had to have BOTH class accreditation and the Psychomotor exam registered at the State office. We were fortunate enough to be able to take the psychomotor exam the same day we took our finals with our instructors instead of having to go somewhere else. Also, stay ontop of that website also, it may take a few days to get a response from them. I am still waiting for a response in regard to my registration expiring on 3-31-2014 to have to take a refresher coarse when my buddy in the same class took the test in july and he got 3 years on his.. (3-31-2015). I took mine in June. Maybe it has something to do with July being the beginning of the fiscal year or something. Congrats on passing tho! It cut me off at 70 questions as well and the butterflies in your stomach and second guessing yourself until you see the results pop up sucks... :D

edit; sorry I typed my response from the first page and did not see your update. yeah i'd call them instead of emailing them because like i said; they are slow on the response. PS- Welcome aboard! It shouldn't take that long to get your license and certificate. I took mine on a thursday at 8 am, got the results at 2 pm. had my certificate, patch, and card at my house on monday.

Edited by monkadelic
  • Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.