Passed NREMT-B need some help.

Hey everybody, I took the NREMT-B test and got cut off at question 70 or 71. Was a bit nervous but found out earlier today that i passed! :)

Now here comes my question, when I read under where it says the NREMT exam is scored it says this...

"Examination Scored

Show All

Congratulations on passing the NREMT National EMS Certification cognitive examination. Your passing results on the cognitive examination will remain valid for up to one year (twelve [12] months) from the date in which you took the examination, provided all other entry requirements of the NREMT are met. If you do not successfully complete both the psychomotor and cognitive examinations within 2 years of your EMT-Basic education, you will be required to repeat another, entire, state-approved EMT-Basic course and retake both the cognitive and psychomotor examinations.

Perhaps you did not obtain NREMT's National EMS Certification because your psychomotor examination performance has not been reported to the NREMT by an appropriate agent or your passing results on the psychomotor examination are beyond the one year time limit.

If you recently passed the state-approved psychomotor (practical) examination, your success must be reported to the NREMT by an appropriate agent. The instructor of your course will know the agent responsible to report your psychomotor examination success. If you know you passed the psychomotor examination, please contact him/her to expedite reporting of your results to the NREMT.

If you were unsuccessful by either failing or needing to retest the psychomotor examination, you should contact your instructor to find an appropriate site to complete the psychomotor examination. Psychomotor examination sites must be approved by your state and can vary according to state policy. Only an approved agent can report the success of your psychomotor examination to the NREMT.

All NREMT National EMS Certification materials will be mailed to your address of record found on your NREMT account after you pass both the cognitive and psychomotor examinations. You are responsible for keeping all NREMT account information current."

Now my question here is, it doesn't specifically say they are sending out my NREMT certification in the mail like it has for others. It seems like it's saying I'm missing my pracitcals (though I have passed those and they should have that information.)

Not sure if I'm just being paranoid but hoping someone who recently passed could give me some information on what the NREMT site said for them when they passed the cognitive exam.

Thanks for any information,

Alex

• Like 1

Welcome.

I'm not entirely sure why you think we would be able to answer your question. It seems that your inquiry would be better directed towards NREMT. They are, after all, the people who sent you the letter.

Failing that, follow up with the people who conducted your class may be needed to find out if they have reported all of your information, particularly skills testing results, to NREMT.

Thanks for that, I plan on calling my instructer tomorrow. I just didn't know if anyone else had a similar situation to this.

I talked to my instructer earlier today and they had said it was all just now waiting on the state to get my nremt stuff and then I will be state certified in a month or two. However reading the NREMT site it seems as though they are waiting to send my results to the state because they haven't recieved my psychomotor test yet. I didn't know if this hinges on the state and it's something that will get updated later or if there is a hold up at the NREMT and the state won't be sent any information till that is resolved. I live in CT btw. Agian just wanted to throw this out there as it's stressing me out a bit and just want to be able to get an EMT job/volunteering asap.

• Like 1

I would definitely call National Registry first and foremost. Sounds to me like they have not received your pyschomotor skills test results yet. Verify it with NREMT then if that is the case contact the folks that gave you the pyschomotor test and ask about when they will have the results submitted to NREMT.

• Like 1

Your instructor said you might have to wait a month or two to get your state to send your stuff in. That wait to me is unacceptable. You have several phone calls to make.

The first is to the Registry to find out first hand what they are waiting for. They are the source of truth on Registry info. Find out what if anything they are waiting for.

Once you get that info, then you call the state and find out what is the hold up in your results. Get that straghtened out.

Then the waiting game starts.

Good luck. But call the Registry ASAP as the longer you wait, the less time you have for the appeals process.

I will certianly be calling first thing in the morning, thanks for the responses. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy thinking that something seems to be dragging with the national cert not going through yet. This is my first time getting certified and heard some conflicting things so I was quite confused. Thanks for the help agian all, I'll post some updates when it's straightened out or if I happen to have another question.

How long ago did you take your practical exam?

If it was more than a few weeks then it sounds to me like your instructor is dropping the ball on getting your results to them.

I'm with Capt, one or two months seems like a really long time. I can't remember how long it took when I first became certified as a basic, but I'm confident that it wasn't that long.

And this is the perfect place to ask this question. There is no need for you to decide if the question is appropriate or not, you just ask away Brother, and we'll help your sort the rest out. I certainly would have asked here before jumping through all of the hoops that can be the NR telephone line.

Plus had you gone there without posting here first we would have been cheated out of the opportunity to learn from you. Don't mind Mike...he gets a bit uppity sometimes, but you'll have a lot to learn from him should you choose to stick around.

I can't say for sure of course, but it bothers me that your instructor wasn't more concerned, and that he found two months an acceptable waiting period to get your results. My gut tells me that this is going to come back to an issue with your instructor not being as responsible with his clerical duties as he should be.

I'd be grateful if you'd report back what you find so that the rest of us can learn from it.

Welcome to the City! It sounds like you kicked ass on the NR!

Dwayne

short update... just got off the phone with my instructer and she said it should be updated in a few days, I guess they were waiting on me passing the written part of the test to verify the practical portion. So i guess I will know in a few days if everything is going according to plan. Also I had taken the practicals the second week in June.

*edit*

Thanks for the encouragment Dwyane; and I plan on lurking about this website a bit, I had been looking for a good EMS forum and somehow I hadn't found this website until tonight.

Also about the two month thing, the instructor was telling me that my state liscensure would take that long. Apperently they only send those out on the 10th of every month and I most likely missed the August deadline. So my state lisence wouldn't get sent out till September 10th. She said it is due to a backlog at the state level and them being understaffed aswell.

Also my instructer is certainly working with me and gets back to me within a few hours of my calling. She told me that if it hadn't updated by thursday to call her and she would make sure it got sorted. I will be making calls periodically to the state once everything gets in, because from what I've learned in other experiences if you're a pain in the ass things will get done quicker.

Edited by afletch004
  • Like 2

Congrats on passing the exam, like others above have pointed out, ya gotta stay on top of it !!

Good luck with it, hope to hear all worked out for you..

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.