passing the nremt test

kathy3

Hey Kathy, welcome to the City.

First, if you want to get some real, helpful responses you need to redo your post to at least a 6th grade level. Capitalization, punctuation, are all important. About a million people a week come asking the same question, in the same way. If you want people to take you seriously then you need to show them that you came to play, and that really isn't that hard to do, right?

Or, you can post a really hot picture. Or pretend that you need information for TV/Movies...those all seem to get people's blood flowing.

You truly are welcome, but you can't be successful here, or in EMS with the type of attitude that's displayed by your first post. On the other hand, I'll be curious to see if this tiny little post makes you run away. If you stay maybe you really have the balls/ovaries for this gig, if not, well, you know.

We all screw the pooch sometimes, but we learn to depend on our EMS brothers and sisters to set us right again. That is all that I'm trying to do here. To give you a leg up, not to try and slap you down. I really hope that you can see the difference.

I hope you stay.

Dwayne

Kathy.

Welcome to the forums. I think you will need to begin preparing to take the NREMT test by getting an account on the NREMT website and paying your fees.

Get back with us when you have done this and we will go from there.

Thanks for you concern about my capitalisation issue Dwayne. I know all about capitalization, but I can't always control computer malfunctions. Some of my keys were not working, and the shift key was one of them. Hopefully it is fixed.

I have taken my NREMT test two times unsuccessful.

I study every spare chance I get. Is there any good websites that may help me?

There are some websites available that you can use to become familiar with the testing format, practice your question answering ability and, of course, reinforce your knowledge. I have heard that JBlearning is a good site to practice on although i have never used it.

After talking to lots of people that have both passed and failed the NREMT I have come to a personal conclusion that first you have to know the material in detail as well as understand the practical application. One of the constants in the NREMT test (in my experience) is that the test relies heavily on the order of the skill sheets you learned for your practicals, The Patient assessment / Management - Basic Trauma skill sheet was Particularly useful.

Memorize your skill sheets well, understand the physiology of the human body and remember all the details possible and you should be fine.

• Like 1

Thank you. That is a big help, and I will do that.

Please let us know how your test turns out for you. I would appreciate your feedback.

Good luck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.