NREMT Certification Issue... Question

Hey Guys, I have a question.

For 2 years I've wanted to become an EMT. I signed up a year ago at UCLA Center for Prehospital Care to take the 3 week, 8-5pm course. They said it was the best, but also one of the most difficult. Well, I took the course. It was so difficult, their tests were extremely hard (and I'm naturally a hard test taker.. always have). I wanted to find out if their is any possible way, anywhere that I could take proof that I attended the nationally required hours of training, and some how either retake the test/skills, etc... to receive a certificate of completion?

I honestly feel that I know the material really well, it's just the darn tests - I have problem with standardized tests... on top of them being way more difficult than need be.

Not making excuses, so please, no bashing - just honestly trying to see if their is a way to recover from this. If not, I'll just end up retaking it - but I wanted to see if anyone knew a "way".

Thanks

WHAT TESTS DID YOU FAIL? THE COURSE OR NAT REGISTRY?

If it was the course finals , then probably shit out of luck.

Nat reg can retake two additional times after padding the initial course tests.

WHAT TESTS DID YOU FAIL? THE COURSE OR NAT REGISTRY?

If it was the course finals , then probably shit out of luck.

Nat reg can retake two additional times after padding the initial course tests.

The Course Final. I've asked the administrator, but they said I have to retake the class. However, thats just the schools policy, not state guidelines therefore I didn't know if there was somewhere that I could go (since I did do the required hours of training) and take the exams/skills.

The National Registry requires that you complete a state approved EMT course. With the course you chose you had to pass the final exam to complete the course. Since that was not achieved, you don't meet the requirements to test regardless of how many hours you spent.

The school most likely has these tests as checks and balances to gauge to see if you have the minimal knowledge to successfully pass the NREMT. It would have been a dis-service to you if they passed you and allowed the NREMT to catch that you do not have the knowledge necessary to be an EMT.

If all of the students did not pass the final, then you may have a case with the school or perhaps even the state that approved the course, but I have a feeling that only a few did not pass.

Please remember that the course was not an "art appreciation course", but a course that will allow you to go out and significantly impact the lives of people. Although I have empathy for you and your struggles, I applaud the school for holding a standard and putting the public trust above all else.

• Like 2

The National Registry requires that you complete a state approved EMT course. With the course you chose you had to pass the final exam to complete the course. Since that was not achieved, you don't meet the requirements to test regardless of how many hours you spent.

The school most likely has these tests as checks and balances to gauge to see if you have the minimal knowledge to successfully pass the NREMT. It would have been a dis-service to you if they passed you and allowed the NREMT to catch that you do not have the knowledge necessary to be an EMT.

If all of the students did not pass the final, then you may have a case with the school or perhaps even the state that approved the course, but I have a feeling that only a few did not pass.

Please remember that the course was not an "art appreciation course", but a course that will allow you to go out and significantly impact the lives of people. Although I have empathy for you and your struggles, I applaud the school for holding a standard and putting the public trust above all else.

He hit it on the head.

If you do not pass the course, you do not pass GO and and you do not collect 200 dollars.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.