117 members have voted

1. 1.

• Exercise
    • Talking
    • Drinking
    • Yoga or equivalant
    • Keep it bottled up

The rest of the time Im just a dick

You don't say. Actually, no one really cares, shorthaired. Why don't you tell us again how you intubate as a basic? Hee hee.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is "Kick small animals" not an option on the poll? Now I can't vote. :cry:

I wouldn't do that, as most small animals I know of as pets, are dues paying members of the "Tooth and Claw" club, and they end up having long memories. It may take a while, but they will retaliate, and I have the scars from the cat scratches, over 20 years later, to prove it!

(PS: Preference is still canines over felines, but I now know how to deal with the cats so they never think of me as some enemy.)

(PPS: I never pulled a cat's tail when I was a child. I just hung on, the cat did all the pulling!)

I believe it's because if we can make lite of a situation then perhaps it doesn't seem as bad. There's a formal psychological term for this, but I don't know what it is off the top of my head. I've always called it the "laugh or cry theory"- either you laugh or you cry.

Also many times you might notice the jokes revolve around how the patient got themselves into the situation that caused the call. It's simply displacement- if you can find someone else to blame, you don't feel so bad about not being able to help more.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I talk about the good days and bad days(in my case nights) with my best friend , who i happen to be married to.

I have had beer crying as an Olympic event, i have drank enough Jim Beam and Jameson's to float the titanic again, I have sat with brothers and Irish waked to many friends, i have made bad jokes about serious stuff and know that if i go to hell i have a table waiting by the bar, and if I get to heaven St. Pete is going to have a nice cigar a comfy chair for me .

some times professional help (counseling) helps too, actually got some after WTC.

• 3 months later...

I know that this might be the sort of thing that should be under the instructor catagory....but....I'm looking for help....I've read through some of the comments on this board.....but one that I wasn't seeing listed a lot was excersize, eat right, etc......I'm attempting to put together a con-ed class on this sort of thing.....on how to deal with stress and all.....what are some of the ways that you know of to deal with it....how would someone recommend starting these ideas if they are new to it and maybe afraid of feeling like a "dork" or whatever.....any ideas....please help!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.