Holding Us Back: A Great Example

Eydawn

Better than working for your lot, and they were much better in their HR management - at least im not stuck out at ardlethan or lake cargellico or cobar or some other god forsaken town trying to get back east :|

ah yes i heard the ASNSW had to install revolving doors at some of its rural stations where apparently most of the time on said station was devoted to applications for transfer out of said station :D

This FB page seems to cater to the wackers who have that sacrastic look on all we do, all calls are BS and other healthcare workers we encounter are all dummies.

The RIP pics and ribbons etc are abound throughout FB and FB seems to be THE place to try and get this perceived sympathy for any death, LODD or otherwise. Then people just easily "like" the post or picture and feel good that they are a part of it all.

The sad part is that page has a very high Fan base who all seem to enjoy the comments, pictures etc. Plus they "the page admins" have now started to try and franchise the name with "The Most Interesting Ambulance Crew In The World ________ <-- insert location" AND you now have the same theme cropping up for FIre as well.

I try and take these pages for what they are worth and keep trying to promote the realities and desires of true EMS professionals using pages like this to play off of what is ailing EMS as a profession and like the OP said, Holding Us Back.

Too bad there are not more fans of pages like mine, EMS 12 lead and others that try and give some humor but focus more on education and awareness of the profession.

• Like 1

I have 2 friends that like the page. I think I will need to unfriend them now. I'm really surprised by one of them.

... but if you do that I won't have any friends to book off on teh face :(

Oh look social isolation valiums mmm non nom

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.