Strange Medical ID Bracelets

The very nature of Medical Alert jewelry is to non verbally transmit vital medical information when the patient cannot communicate for themselves.

I would think that any attempt to mislead or camouflage this information would be counterproductive even if hiding the information may have been unintended.

Medics often work in poor lighting and unfavorable weather conditions that would further impede discovery.

The reason for you not being able to communicate would be an important discovery factor as well. For example' if you were to find yourself unconscious secondary to trauma a large leather bracelet such as the ones in the OP could simply be cut away with the rest of your clothes.

I recommend to my loved ones that use Medical Alert jewelry wear the "standard" most common kind of jewelry. The kind that cannot be missed. Some things are just too important to take a chance with.

I wish you well.

Try this company. I wore a bracelet from them for a while back when I had a few new allergies pop up and my asthma was wicked out of control. I wore a simple steel chain link bracelet and it didn't offend my fashion sensibilities a bit...

http://www.americanm...l.php?shopby=10

Based on your previous posts, I would suggest the leather flex or silicone flex bands. They blend with your style pretty easily.

Sorry it happened, now don't be an idiot and make sure you take good care of you. Suck it up, buttercup! And good on you for asking to see what we'll notice. Not everyone thinks of that.

;-)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

RN-ADN Student

I must say u Rock! I had a men's leather watch like bracelet (don't care if it's men's cause it makes it look more goth and I prefer leather cause it feels like a watch not a yucky dangley bracelet) with a VERY VISIBLE ID all picked out and it had a reasonable price, when... I see the reviews-people claim that the bracelet falls apart in several different way very quickly- and it was out of stock for a while anyways.

That was sad, but I love your attitude. Plus I now see I must comprimise a little. If you have anymore suggestions please send them my way. :innocent::thumbsup:

Suggestions for what? Are you looking for a medic alert tag? Or are you looking for marketing ideas for your own brand of medic alert tags?

You still sound shady. You still sound like you're selling something. You still sound like you're 12.

Full disclosure time. Be honest. What are you doing here?

Look, Mike you are seriously paranoid. I even embarrassed myself to the point of showing you the scar on my leg to ease your concerns. I've been honest since the first post. Also, I'm sorry if my internet slang doesn't meet your English standards. I could only imagine what you would think of if you heard me speak because I happen to be a Brooklyn native. I hope that I am now meeting this site’s English requirements.

However your persistent accusations that I'm trying to sell you something and that I'm misrepresenting myself has got me puzzled and to be honest pi&**$ off. Why would I try to sell a paramedic Medical ID or tags bracelets? To be honest, while it’s a highly admirable career, an EMT's salaries are not anything to be proud of here. Is that why you are accusing me of looking for marketing ideas for some non-existent business? Are you looking for a business to supplement you low salary? Is that what is bothering you? If you really need some artistic ideas to replicate for your business, I could point you to some art web sites.

Well, I wish you the best and have a good evening.

Edited by truthisone

Yeah... Mike's a lil' paranoid. That's a good thing though. We've been burned by bullshitters before who are "just sick and looking for advice" on various stuff. No offense, man.

Mike, you did see the posts where this person did explain what they went through, why they're asking, and that they're looking for "Goth-acceptable" medic alert bracelets, right? Or is that what triggered you- too MUCH info, too fast? Just curious.

Truthisone- are you male or female? I'm a mite confused on that point.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

RN-ADN Student

Hi, I'm a female, but I'm not a girly girl. I wear a lot of men's clothes and things like that.

My last post was an embarrasment. I lost my temper. I just hate being called a poser when I provide a little proof I'm not. I'm sorry to you good people out that there for having to see that.

• Like 1

Truth, we had a significant poser a couple of weeks ago and some of us here were hurt big time.

We all are a bit skeptical after that.

Ok, now don't take this the wrong way but......

You really need to stick with the stainless medic alert items as you have found here that there might not be many providers that are going to look for the goth jewelry style medic alert jewelry and stick with the goth style stuff for your other jewlery.

Most providers if you ask them if they would consider looking at a goth style bracelet or necklace as a medic alert tag I'll bet that 95% of all providers would say they would never consider that medic alerts would be found on that type of jewelry.

So to be on the safe side, I would seriously for your sake consider biting the fashion sense bullet and go with what we as providers are going to look for and go with the tried and true jewelry we are used to seeing. The life you save will be your own.

If you go with the Goth style medic alert jewelry be forewarned that you take YOUR LIFE in your own hands and take ALL The risk if a provider does not recognize a non-standard medic-alert style jewelry. If you decide to go with a leather style or some other style of medicalert that I can't identify in 5 seconds or less that it's a medicalert then I'm going to move on to saving your life and if I miss the tag then that's not my fault because YOU chose to go against the conventional style jewelry and not the one that we all recognize as the standard piece of jewelry. I will do all I can to save your life but if you make it impossible for me to quickly identify that you have a medic alert bracelet or necklace then how am I supposed to do my job.

I really don't have the time to do a detailed search for some off the wall medic alert dog collar or leather bracelet that is something I'm not used to seeing being used as a alternative to a medic alert bracelet.

So do yourself a favor and get off this "I have to have something Goth or unique" cause it might just delay your treatment and that's gonna get you Killed or at least delay me in treating you and I'm going to be pissed that you basically hid it from me and then when I'm done saving your life or maybe not, I'm going to let you have it and tell you to get rid of that crappy piece of jewelry and go get the right kind.

Sorry to sound so mean but this is your life we are talking about and to have such a significant medical history and to cover it up with what every single EMS provider in america is not used to seeing is doing you and me a dissservice that is likely going to kill you.

You still, despite your indignant rant, didn't answer the question regarding why you're here. So why are you here? Were the many consistent answers from the number of people who've responded to your original post insufficient?

If you are, in fact, legitimately looking for information regarding medic alert tags you have been provided with extensive suggestions from the people who deal with these things on a daily basis. Do you think all of us are lying to you? Do you honestly think that we would all, as a group, go out of our way to conspire against you? Are you just intent on asking the same question over and over again until you get an answer you like? Or is there something else going on?

Your "... provide a little proof that I'm not..." line doesn't mean anything. You've not offered any proof of anything.

Lastly, if you're embarrassed by your "medical condition" I suggest you get over it. If it is as serious as you say, and could potentially negatively impact your ability to live, you'd better own up to it and fast. Trying to downplay or hide potentially life saving information on a goth style bracelet will only hurt you in the end when people can't find the information needed to adequately and properly treat you. The only person you hurt is you. If you want the help then there is no need to look any farther than the posts you've received in this thread.

Wendy:

In short:

gushing with unsolicted information in a "look at me!" fashion,

overly, and unearned, "friendly" tone,

writing like a 12 year old (see both of my above points),

complete disregard for the multiple answers that were consistent in content.

You might be on to something Mike. The thread does not follow the usual pattern and doesn't feel quite right. We might still be a little gunshy>

Thanks to the Moderator who PM me. The info was very helpful. Unfortunately I have a nasty uper respirtory infection at the moment, but If you Mike care to continue which your paranoid dicussions. I should be a healthier in a few days :D Because I sure don't have anything better to do lol