Strange Medical ID Bracelets

I think if you wore those bracelets, anything like the one you pictured, you would delay any provider who might be looking for the information from actually finding it.

Part of the benefit of things like a medic alert tag or a RoadID is the marketing that goes along with them. Prehospital and in-hospital providers know to look for them. Some random leather looking, goth style wrist band complete with a skull and crossbones will very likely be overlooked. At worst it will be missed completely. At best it will take a while to find it because nobody knows to look for it.

You'll forgive me, too, if I'm a little skeptical that your presence here is little more than a marketing ploy.

Hey Mobey, this ain't no marketing ploy. The standard "I've fallen and I can't get up" won't work for this chick, but I understand you sckeptism, so here you go like it? lol And Mom is only tourtouring me with this Holly Hobby quilt cause she knows I can't physically run away. I'm not trying to sell you anything, but I will have to be on blood thinners for the rest of my life :mad: And BTW, those compression stockings totally suck when it's freakking 90 degrees outside.

So what do you suggest I wear? (nickle and the cheap stuff turns me green, silver is expensive and tarnishes in a day, and gold oh boy do I wish) BTW I'm not 12 can't wear the plastic stuff with hearts and kittens lol :devilish:

Let's try that again

On initial exam of you if you were unable to speak I would probably ignore a big leather studded wrisband like that if I didn't see the writing at first glance. However, it would get closer inspection later on a secondary exam, while disrobing you or looking for IV sites.

Luckily though, i would not be giving Pen or predisone to a person who cannot communicate initially anyway.....

Medical ID's are starting to piss me off a little because we have to search them out. I like the old school metal bracelets or necklaces, now shoe tags, tattoo's, wristbands you have to open, etc.

I am getting old though.....

Music sucks now too ;)

One last try my posts don't seem to be working right and can't you post pics here?

Hey Mobey, this ain't no marketing ploy. The standard "I've fallen and I can't get up" won't work for this chick, but I understand you sckeptism, so here you go like it? lol And Mom is only tourtouring me with this Holly Hobby quilt cause she knows I can't physically run away. I'm not trying to sell you anything, but I will have to be on blood thinners for the rest of my life :mad: And BTW, those compression stockings totally suck when it's freakking 90 degrees outside.

So what do you suggest I wear? (nickle and the cheap stuff turns me green, silver is expensive and tarnishes in a day, and gold oh boy do I wish) BTW I'm not 12 can't wear the plastic stuff with hearts and kittens lol :devilish:

Finally, it worked, but the detail didn't show up.

I can go with one sided if I can use abbreviations or a leather cuff with an even bigger metal plate lol. But seriously, I've havd more needles than a whole crack house, so that's a big no to a tatto or regular dog tags. If not even the slightest little bit cool looking, I honestly won't wear it and that's what my mom is afraid of. Because you can't play with Warfarin. :( Why does ever single aspect of my life have to change and how dare those companies for selling sh*& that doesn't get seen.

Please either post or PM me suggestions. I'm very crafty and there's room for compromise, I have to be an adult after all

Medic alert tags and bracelets are made of stainless to eliminate reactions. They come in many different styles and don't cost all that much when compared to saving your life in an emergency.

• Like 1

Ceftriaxone is carried in New Zealand and most state in Australia (QAS, AV, ASNSW and SAAS, not sure about NT or WA)

UK NHS Ambulance Trusts have carried benzylpenicillin for a number of years

I think some sort of antibiotic is carried in South Africa, I am not sure which one and the HPCSA website is being a bitch so I can't check

Yeah, I don't think that I've ever seen true medic alert tags in anything but stainless.

I'm sorry that being sick is messing with your swag, but truly, it does sound more like you're looking for a way to advertise your issues instead of a way to protect your life. If you really want something useful that you can count on someone seeing go with the stainless dog tags or bracelet and you'll be safe.

Maybe write it all on a card and laminate it, or put an ICE in your cell phone and simply say, "Vital emergency information in wallet/phone".

Forgive me if Im the least bit skeptical but why do you sound like you are talking like you are still in high school. Some of your wording makes me think that you are still either in high school or just out.

Or am I just misreading your wording of your threads.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

You're not too far off. I'm a college student, but don't worry I save the slang for posting and txting. :mobile:

Yeah, I don't think that I've ever seen true medic alert tags in anything but stainless.

I'm sorry that being sick is messing with your swag, but truly, it does sound more like you're looking for a way to advertise your issues instead of a way to protect your life. If you really want something useful that you can count on someone seeing go with the stainless dog tags or bracelet and you'll be safe.

Maybe write it all on a card and laminate it, or put an ICE in your cell phone and simply say, "Vital emergency information in wallet/phone".

I think you may be right especially considering, most of you EMTs don't even have time to read my entire first post. LOL I have a slight allergy to penicillin, but I'm on Warfarin, which is a major blood thinner and I'm very prone to blood clots, which is the true reaseason for the bracelet.

And DwayneEMTP, why in the world would I want to advertise my medical conditions for the gereral public to see? I wish I could hide it as much as possible, but that's not feasible. I only asked for a two -sider because I read online that your supposed to put every single thing that's wrong with you on it. I now realize that's overkill and I'm only putting the major stuff.

Edited by truthisone

Try this company. I wore a bracelet from them for a while back when I had a few new allergies pop up and my asthma was wicked out of control. I wore a simple steel chain link bracelet and it didn't offend my fashion sensibilities a bit...

http://www.americanmedical-id.com/marketplace/category_viewall.php?shopby=10

Based on your previous posts, I would suggest the leather flex or silicone flex bands. They blend with your style pretty easily.

Sorry it happened, now don't be an idiot and make sure you take good care of you. Suck it up, buttercup! And good on you for asking to see what we'll notice. Not everyone thinks of that.

;-)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

RN-ADN Student