Justifiable Use of Force- Spinoff

Eydawn

I thought murder was 187 in California

Murder is 187. Justifiable homicide is 197. Homicide itself (murder, manslaughter, justifiable) is covered between 187 and 199. Any time you kill another human being you've committed homicide, so there needs to be a section, such as 186, which says that it's legal for an individual to execute someone who has been convicted and sentenced to death (186, which also gives peace officers more liberal use of force than other civilians).

I wish we had something like you do, we have s48 of the Crimes Act 1961 which says we can use reasonable force to protect ourselves or another against physical assault

A couple of years ago a Police Officer shot a guy like eight times in the head, chest and leg (he died, surprised?) and that is OK yet if you smack a guy who is breaking into your house with a bit of wood that same cop will arrest you for assault, the criminal will get free medical care and rehabilitation and compensation for his injuries and you will go to jail

Gosh I can't wait to get back to the US, its so much easier to shoot people there, less bullshit and more "he deserved it, well, we've done our paperwork and put up yellow tape, we'll be at the donut shop if you need us, cya" :D

OK I am sort of taking the piss but you get the idea, the law here is so restrictive, you cannot buy damn pepper spray or a taser here ... if some dude is breaking into my house I can't even be like eat voltage bitch ... depressing

Edited by Kiwiology

When even the Land of Fruits and Nuts allows you more leeway in protecting yourself and property from someone who just broke into your house, you know there's an issue.