School Essay

Dude, you slay me!!! :jump:

Replying to the OP about grammar, with the poorest written post I have ever seen you type!

Hilarious and genious!

BTW: Is this what U.S. Universities are expecting from students? My short essay's had to be at least 8 pages double spaced and referenced in APA format.

I am in Canada though..... and we are alot smarter.

Didn't say anything about grammer Mobey....

my post was written after being up for 17hrs and being really tired.

however I was expecting more in the essay other that some thing an 11 yo would trun in like a book report, it was very light on information and body...wouyld not pass muster her in Aus for a uni assisgnment (at least 1000 words.......)

sounds like a grade 5 school repoty of an 11 year old

I took this to be directed at poor grammar/essay structure.

It really did make me laugh out loud, as I knew full well you had to be overtired or something, because your posts are usually very well written.

A paramedic is the highest level of EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) certification. A paramedic is trained and certified to perform advanced life support (ALS), which includes administering IV fluids, injections, medications and performing advanced respiratory procedures. A paramedic also performs many of the same functions as a basic EMT, such as treating wounds, performing CPR, delivering babies, and performing patient assessments

I hope you do not get caught for plagiarism or anything, that would be a real bummer.

http://www.ems1.com/search/articles/1058465-what-are-the-requirements-to-be-a-paramedic/

In the first paragraph starting with the second sentence, it looks quite familiar....

Matty

Oh dear ... whoever wrote that article is clearly deluded

The requirements to be a paramedic are extremely rigorous not very hard to meet so it’s not an undertaking or a career choice to be taken lightly because unless you become a Firefighter/Paramedic or work for one of the few well paying systems in the US you will be extremely poorly remunerated and have to endure working conditions which would probably be illegal in other nations. A paramedic is the highest level of EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) certification. A paramedic is trained and certified to perform advanced life support (ALS), which includes administering IV fluids, injections, medications and performing advanced respiratory procedures. A paramedic also performs many of the same functions as a basic EMT, such as treating wounds, performing CPR, delivering babies, and performing patient assessments.

Paramedics are often the lead member of a rescue team, with the most training and the most decision making power unless you are in California, Massachusetts, Georgia, Maine or many other places where you have to call medical control to take a big steamy one . This means that the requirements to be a paramedic include strong leadership skills and the ability to perform complex life-saving functionswhich were broken down to simple monkey skills in school and the biomedical and pathological principles of which were so thoroughly covered in those bullet points on the powerpoint in extremely stressful crisis situations. A paramedic must keep a cool head and maintain authority amongst his or her team members in situations when a mistake can mean the difference between life and death which is really not true but adds to the overinflated hero ego which is rampant in US.

The first of the training requirements to be a paramedic is to get certified as an EMT-B, which is the first and most basic level of EMT training because standards and outputs have not really been changed much in thirty years and probably never will be. The EMT-B training is available through many community colleges and other institutions. It usually takes about six months to complete the 120 to 150 hours of training. After that, you take a state certification test. As an EMT, you can be employed providing emergency treatment in ambulances and many other venues except if you live in California because every second person is an out of work EMT . Most people work as EMTs for a couple of years to get some experience driving and taking blood pressures before undergoing the additional 1,200 to 1,800 hours of training to become paramedic if you live in a really good state who requires that many hours because many only require about 800-1000 xcept if you live in Texas where 600 hours is acceptable. Some paramedic programs require you to have worked as an EMT for six months or so before gaining entrance.

The educational requirements to be a paramedic are rigorous not very hard to pass at all and lag up to 20 years behind the rest of the world. Many community colleges have two-year degree programs in paramedic training but these are not required because the Fire unions and rig pigs won't have it and graduates are not treated with any favour over somebody who has a two bit card from the 12 week patch factory for Houston Firefighters. Oftentimes there’s a pre-requisite of college-level biology, math and English in order to be accepted in a paramedic program. The curriculum consists of both classroom training and clinical training at hospitals, ambulance companies and fire departments. A paramedic trainee studies anatomy and physiology which a spastic muppet who is brain damaged could pass, as well as cookbook courses broadly based on empirical epidemiology dumbed down to fit into a single day of DVD watching such as advanced life support, advanced pediatric life support, and basic trauma life support.

After you’ve completed the required training, the final step in fulfilling the requirements to be a paramedic is to take your state’s licensing examination. It’s a difficult test if you have been in a road traffic accident and suffered 99% brain death, but there are many great study guides to help you pass it. As a certified paramedic, you’ll have more job opportunities than as a basic EMT unnless you live in California or Floriday , plus you’ll make a higher salary but not by much and in Lexington, KY a dishwasher at a restaurant will make more than you and is not even required to speak English and have more responsibility for calling medical control to ask for orders to practice those skills and use medications you learnt dangerously little in school about . You can work in a fire station, on a life support helicopter, in a hospital, on a cruise ship or in a wide variety of other exciting venues including sitting at a gas station between bullshit calls for 12 hours a day getting fat eating crap because you do not have an actual station and becoming more and more dangerously fatigued because you do not have a chance to sleep or rest as OSHA and the DOT do not require rest breaks

While the requirements to be a paramedic are arduous reasonably easy to meet the work itself can be extremely rewarding. Being a paramedic requires a dedication to the job that makes it more of an vocation than a vocation. It definitely isn’t the right choice for everybody because not everybody can live on $13 an hour and having to work three jobs and 100 hours a week but for many, it’s the job of a lifetime especially if you like getting paid crap and putting up with bullshit calls between sitting at a gas station getting fat and dangerously fatigued

Yes I am taking the piss :D

Heh. When I started reading your post I was thinking "Man, Kiwi is realllllly angry today!" I enjoyed your amendments sir. of course, here in Indiana you can make that 15 an hour for an NREMT-P! (No more state certs for medics, those old patches are collectors items now!) You're making me so happy about the 12 grand and 2 years I'm investing come this fall Mr. Kiwi!! ;-D I kid, I kid. Seriously though, I'm moving to Lexington KY. (Not really). Frankly, if the original poster wants to ace this paper he should turn in the amended version. His teacher would probably give him an A minus just for the originality. :punk:

• Like 1

You mean that weird orange patch that looks nothing like shape of the Great Nation of Indiana is now obsolete? Aw man ... I worked so hard to get it! (not really)

Yes, one of my friends in Lexington makes less money ($12 something/hr) than a dishwasher he sad the ad in the paper for where it said "English preferred" sad and actually really funny in a way too

My dad was on a business trip to Montana last year and took a pic of a McDonalds sign that said "Now Hiring All Shifts. $15/HR, No Drug Test". Really? Talk about hard up for help....

Unless I missed something Brandon, did you get a chance to post your final essay?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.