School Essay

PARAMEDICS

Brandon Bauer

Everest University

Paramedics

A paramedic is the highest level of EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) certification. A paramedic is trained and certified to perform advanced life support (ALS), which includes administering IV fluids, injections, medications and performing advanced respiratory procedures. A paramedic also performs many of the same functions as a basic EMT, such as treating wounds, performing CPR, delivering babies, and performing patient assessments

Many Paramedics operate out of a rescue station. Some operate out of hospitals. Rescue stations have beds and shower facilities. Paramedics are required to take many classes to complete their certification. These classes include training in trauma, respiratory management, patient assessment and cardiac emergencies. The certification is valid in PA for 2 years.

There is no college education required in the United States. The expected salary for a typical Paramedic in the United States is $38,300. This can increase depending on length of service with a company and or other certifications.

Paramedics must be able to work in high pressure situations, be able to make life changing decisions, and have excellent communication skills. There is plenty of room to grow in EMS (Emergency Medical Services). Paramedics can become part of a flight service or work in a hospital.

Is this exactly how you submitted this to class? Wish you would have had someone review it for you from here. What grade did you get?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

what type of school is it, sounds like a grade 5 school repoty of an 11 year old

not that i saying this about you but that is not what i expected

• Like 1

what type of school is it, sounds like a grade 5 school repoty of an 11 year old

not that i saying this about you but that is not what i expected

Dude, you slay me!!! :jump:

Replying to the OP about grammar, with the poorest written post I have ever seen you type!

Hilarious and genious!

BTW: Is this what U.S. Universities are expecting from students? My short essay's had to be at least 8 pages double spaced and referenced in APA format.

I am in Canada though..... and we are alot smarter.

Edited by mobey
  • Like 1

this was a rough copy. i submit final copy this week. i am still making changes. i got 20/20 for the rought copy. i will post final fopy here before i submit. it must be 1 1/2 pages double spaced apa format.

assignment rrequirments are as followed:

During Weeks 10 and 11 you will write a career paper using the writing process and following APA style. This week, you will write the first draft. Your paper should:

• Present information on the career of your choice
  • Be at least one and a half pages long, double spaced. (Title page and references page do not count in your page total.)
  • Include the following information:
    • Educational requirements including: minimum education, continuing education requirements such as those required to maintain certification, and the benefits of advanced education
    • Salary expectations
    • Work-place description
    • Personal characteristics needed to be successful in the position
    • Prospects for growth in the position
    • Prospects for growth of the career field

Your first draft paper must include the following items, and all elements must be formatted according to APA:

• Title page
  • Introductory paragraph that includes a thesis statement
  • Body paragraphs (A minimum of three paragraphs is needed to answer the above questions)
  • Concluding paragraph
  • At least three sources
  • In-text citations
  • References list – use the title "References"

i am still working on it so expecct a final copy sometime friday

I am hoping the final copy contains everything, in detail of what you listed in your last post. May I suggest you post it here before you submit it?

There are folks on these boards who will be able to give you constructive recommendations before you send it.

Please understand this is just my humble opinion based on posts that I have read from some of the people I have come to respect.

Thanks

You received 100% on that "rough draft?" I wrote several papers for paramedic school and I can tell you with absolute certainty that I would have flunked out submitting anything similar in quality to what you just presented us. My first paper was a literature review on the use of antifibrinolytic agents in trauma patients. Guess what? Antifibrinolytic agents will be available and in regular use on ambulances in a number of Canadian jurisdictions within the next year. Relevant and ahead of the curve is what makes an A paper.

I know this sounds harsh, but the truth is you need to step it up beyond what you're currently doing if you want to be successful. There's a great group here willing and able to help if your willing to put in the work.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by rock_shoes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.