A Little Nervous

Hello everybody.

I'd like to apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum. I was recently accepted to the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (the only med school in Arkansas). I'm taking the EMT course and, needless to say, I'm very nervous. It's all so new to me. I was wondering if anyone here had any tips for keeping my nerves calm.

Thank you.

I'm sorry about the confusion. I am going to an EMT program that happens to be at a medical school. I'm nervous because all of this is so new to me. I usually just take a few breaths and meditate on a few quotes that I know. I was just wondering if anyone else had any tips for staying calm under pressure.

It's normal to be nervous. Just take a deep breath and let it out slow. Every single one of us has been where you are now. To be honest I was more nervous about going into medic school than I was going into the basic class. They will teach you everything you need to know and there will be lots of practice. By the time you are done with the class you will know it inside out.

Just....breathe :)

• Like 1

nypamedic sums it up very well...

Take it as one step at a time. There will always be nervousness, but I usually look at the new direction I am about to take! Excitement wins hands down. Yeah, there will always be some small elements of nerves, but you will get through it.

BTW, no need to apologize....

Edited by djdudley

Also, this is a really good time for you to learn to think and act when faced with those kinds of nervous feelings instead of checking out and hiding.

Much of EMS involves those types of nerves at one time or another. Instead of trying to eliminate those feelings, maybe try to learn and train within them before they're gone? They won't last long, and then the opportunity will be lost.

Good luck!

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.