Uhh... Thanks, Dude? High Park Fire

Eydawn

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/271976/346/Man-cited-for-prayer-ritual-to-stop-High-Park-Fire--

So, as many of you may know, my county is very solidly on fire. Last count, 41k+ acres and growing. Smoke blanketing Fort Collins. Our nearby recreational reservoir and water source, very solidly surrounded by flames. It's kind of crazy, really. Luckily the town I'm in hasn't been threatened directly yet... but people I know have lost homes and were forced to evacuate with flames chasing them.

So what does this lovely fellow from Boulder decide to do? Drop marbles in the Boulder Reservoir to pray for rain...

ONLY IN BOULDER YO! Them hippies be nuts (no offense to the Boulderites here on the forum... but really....)

Wendy

CO RN-ADN Student

Wind is blowing all that smoke down here to the Springs. Mind telling the FFs to put it out a little faster?

And yes, Boulder is a little...out there. I recall a resident who wanted to take a few hundred feet off Pikes Peak and use it as a refueling station for "alien motherships." Still far better than here though.

Cutting off a mountaintop (and sent it down the river), for a refueling stop for Extra Terrestrial Mother-ships? Sounds like someone may have "had too much 'LDS' back in the '60s", or tee many martoonies and a scottle of botch, or both.

Wendy, be safe!