Hi

JMH

Just wanted to say hey.

I'm a retired EMT/FF from NY. I work as an RN at a trauma center in the Bronx.

I'll go to my grave saying EMS is the coolest job in the world, but what I've discovered, is that whether you call it medicine, or nursing or EMS or ARC standard/ advanced first aid or BSA first aid, it's all medicine, and it needs to be good medicine. I just like helping folks, and I don't much care what you call it. I still get jazzed, when I can learn something new, and want to be a perpetual student.

Imagine that, once upon a time, somebody took a chance, and entrusted me with the care of others, how cool is that?

Regards, Jim

Edited by JMH
  • Like 1

Hi Jim,

Welcome, hope you fnd this site as interesting as I have. Always great to hear ideas, viewpoints and to learn from the experiences of others..

Gents, Thanks for the great greeting. I hope I can contribute something to your forum.

Like I said, the coolest job ever. I was listening to someone on line, and they said something like, "if it weren't for the bills, I'd do it for free" (medic). Amen! I hope the majority of us can truly say that they couldn't imagine doing anything else. Like the man said, a life is a terrible thing to waste, and this is surely among the noblest of callings. Thanks again.

Regards, Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.