Bad Morning Sickness?

Hello,

As it turned out the patient had Familial Dyslipemia (I need to read up on this more but in essence you develop dyslipemia due to genetic factors). Her pancreatitis was due to dyslipemia. Which I have seen before but never in somebody so young. In hindsight, it was felt that the abdo pain was due to pancreatic flair ups. The ST elevations resolved when her pressure improved. However, angio showed significant three vessel disease and an echo showed dyskensia as well. It is quite a rare cause of MI in the young. There are a few case studies out there. I read one in the Saudi Medical Journal about a 17 year-old with an STEMI due to genetic dyslipemia.

The blood was brownish due to all the lipids in the blood. Almost like mixing blood and some Propofol together. It was a rather odd sight that I have never experienced before. They treated her DPL with Plasmaphereis (again…a first for me). It looked like pure fat being pulled out of her blood.

I just felt like sharing this because it was an unusual situation. How often do you find a 24 year-old with CAD and DPL?

Cheers

Edited by DartmouthDave

Thanks bro. It will be good to remember that brown blood is fat blood. That should come in handy if we ever see it.

Good scenario.