You, You, this is Me

Hello everyone, i figured i'd do the right thing and introduce myself before posting any questions or comments on threads. I'm not an EMT... yet! I just received my honorable discharge from the Marines, and now i'm ready to start a new journey as an EMT. I'm starting school this August, so expect questions coming from my direction. I'm not completely ignorant to basic life saving since we all go through a Combat Life Saver program in the fleet which is basically bleeding/breathing/shock management. I really have a deep respect for all EMT/Medics/Corpsmen and cant wait to join the ranks... If anyone out there has questions about the 'tactical' side of stuff i may be able to help, i did my two tours in afghanistan as an infantryman so i do have experience/insight with that side of things. Well thats all i really have to say, i'm looking forward to joining the community, hit me up if you have anything for me.

• Like 1

I absolutely love Marines! You guys rock! I mean that in a manly, not gay kind of way. Welcome to the City. Enjoy EMT school and jump in to any of the discussions that spark your interest.

Edited by DFIB
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard Marine, and thank you for your service.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress in school.

• Like 1

Welcome, and thank you for your service. You'll be most welcome here, I'm annoying and opinionated as hell and yet, I find this is a very cool community. They tolerate me and only put the leeches on when I'm bad.

(Yes, guys. I'll work on the annoying and difficult aspects.)

Edited by A Pox On This Place
  • Like 1

Despite the civilized example that some of us have tried to set we still have some bonified shitheads here. Unfortunately some/most of them happen to be the smartest and most experienced amongst us, so we're happy to have them still. It's just harder to train some folks than others.

So what I'm trying to say? A Marine should fit right in. Thank you for your service Brother. Thanks for doing your part, and mine, to keep the boogieman out of my families front yard. It's truly appreciated.

As mentioned before there is very little to be gained here by watching. You need to ask, and answer, and argue, debate. Be prepared to step up and lead instead of hoping that you'll learn just by reading. Be prepared to justify every answer. Not to prove that you're right, but so that others can see your logic and help you to adjust it if that's what's needed.

I can't think of a single opinion that I hold dear that's not been adjust and made better because I've shared it here.

I look forward to your thoughts...

Dwayne

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.