Apology

Lotus

A lot of people on a lot of forums have made up stories for attention. You are not the first and you will not be the last. I am not going to kick you when you are down, so all i will say well done for having the guts to fess up.

Some years ago, I had the misfortune of having a rather heated and drawn out online debate with someone who was claiming to be a doctor. She obviously wasn't, but many other forum members (particularly the non-medical ones) believed her drivel, and went to great lengths to support her - perhaps due to the fact that she had previously endeared herself to them. My frustration at the obvious holes in her postings only served to make me look like the bad guy, when I had the nerve to ask for relevant and current literature to back up her outlandish assertions.

That forum has since died a death, but I would have loved to have known what her motivation was.

Once someone's fantasy spills out onto a public forum - perhaps to make their posts sound more interesting or worthy of a response - they need to make sure their story remains watertight. That is the hard part. Unfortunately there is always going to be some smart arse who knows better, and has nothing to lose by probing a little deeper.

Its just not worth it.

Sent from the flight deck of my very own Lear Jet using Tapatalk HD

I don't know you and I haven't been around here enough lately to really follow your posts and I can't claim to be one of those hurt by your actions, but for what it's worth I know that admitting to what you did had to take an incredible amount of courage. We all make mistakes, if I had a penny for every one I've ever made or continue to make I'd be a trillionaire.

Accept it, admit it, move on. Nothing else you can do but that.

• Like 1

Some years ago, I had the misfortune of having a rather heated and drawn out online debate with someone who was claiming to be a doctor. She obviously wasn't...

Dude, I told you I'm not a girl! :D

Good on you for having the guts to fess up eh Lotus but bro seriously ...

I don't say this to make anyone feel bad, but...are you people really this gullible? Seriously, while I may be missing some things, and will apologize profusely if that's the case, go back and read through this whacko's "take pity on me I'm dying thread." Really read it and think about all the effort that went into this.

So that's one cell phone number that's being used.

And that's another phone numer that's being used.

That would look like she's got a couple different facebook accounts as well.

That's just from the first 2 pages. I have no idea how long this charade has been going on and to be honest I don't want to know. But if the above is right, and with the amount of detail that went into his/her story, it goes just a bit beyond "being sick" or playing a game.

There has always been one cell phone number and one facebook page.

And yes there is so much more to this than you can imagine. you are coming into this with just the tip of the iceberg and not having the full clear picture of the issue at hand.

If you would like to get a clearer picture of this I will be glad to enlighten you but be prepared for a hour long explanation because I'm still trying to sort it out.

And yes, I was probably the most gullible one (and I don't think I was gullible), and I'll leave it at that.

But if you do not wish to learn the entire story and the behind the scenes story then you really won't know what truly happened over the past two weeks.

Well, at least she knows now to wait at least 5 or 6 hours for recovery after an arrest rather than 45 minutes before carrying on a conversation.

If you want to enlighten me you know how to get hold of me

Yeah, by the neck.

I can't say I was "hurt", because in all seriousness, I never believe any story from anyone that pops on one day, and begs for sympathy. Granted, there are a lot of people out there that wake up the day after being told they're going to die a lot sooner than planned, and want to do something great with what time they have left. They start out, get sick, die trying, and sometimes it gives people inspiration and hope.. and sometimes it turns into a Lifetime Movie. If I were 16, and going to die, I'd wanna get that solidly confirmed. Then go somewhere that I could legally drink, and have as much unprotected sex as possible, with anyone. Because really, I've never wanted to inspire anyone to do the impossible. I just want to live in my corner of the world, grow old and die someday. Which will inevitable, be sooner than it would have been, had I lived a healthier life. But that applies to everyone.

Truth is, everyone is an attention whore, some days. Everyone wants a little spot light, a little of their fifteen minutes of fame. It's never hollywood spotlight fame, sometimes it's just wow, what an asshole fame. I get that a lot. I'm a dick, no question, but I'm a good person, unless I think you're a dick.. Then I'm a dick to you. See how it works. Yeah, everyone is like that. The only people who think they're normal, are the ones the rest of the uniquely odd people think are totally fucked up.

Probably a high percentage of the population of the globe have a mental illness that will never be diagnosed. I'm pretty sure I would be diagnosed with something, if I took the time to spill my guts. Hell, some days I'd probably be locked up for 72-96hrs. But as I told a patient today, who like many of us here, was suffering from a form of an illness of mental nature; there is no prescribed medication that will make you happy or normal. But there are meds that can help you find your happy life, and it's up to you to determine what that is. You just have to find a way to ask for help to get to that point.

Maybe you need some help, maybe that help comes in pill form. But it may just come in growing the #@!% up, and not involving the rest of the world in your inner drama. I suggest a diary.

My diagnostic process for folks who create a life beside themselves, is that they have complete control of it, they can create it, they can change it, they can end it. Where as, they can only create new life, and end their life, if they have no control of their own real life... Once you enable yourself to control your actions, your personality and your lifestyle, you see how foolish it was..

My alter ego. Dr. Phil.. usually involves excessive amounts of alcohol.