Nearly had to do cpr on my daughter

Just Plain Ruff

As much as I respect you, I feel for you, and sympathise with your situation, and as thrilled as I am that she's doing much better today, I really need to ask, why the fuck are you pissing around waiting for the hospital to give you a sleep apnea monitor??!! You can buy the damned things on eBay for less than $400.00 and a good hospital quality used one for $1,100.00 if I was told something like "We don't hand those things out anymore", after my daughters multiple apneic episode, then the first thing I'd be doing is looking for one I could buy. Even if it's just some cheap piece of crap that does a half assed job, it's still better than nothing at all.

Christ, if money is an issue, I'll buy you one myself.

Edited by Arctickat

I am so glad that your wife woke up in time to revive your baby! You know that this event is not a happening of chance. I thank God that things are well with all of you.

My son had SIDS when he was a baby. He is in his 20's now. God was good to us in that my wife was looking at him when he stopped breathing. Drawing from a 20 year old memory, we went for the overnight sleep studies and he wore the monitor for a long time. I think he was 12 -13 months old when we took him off the monitor.

Best wishes to you and your family. I am praying for all of you.

As much as I respect you, I feel for you, and sympathise with your situation, and as thrilled as I am that she's doing much better today, I really need to ask, why the fuck are you pissing around waiting for the hospital to give you a sleep apnea monitor??!! You can buy the damned things on eBay for less than $400.00 and a good hospital quality used one for $1,100.00 if I was told something like "We don't hand those things out anymore", after my daughters multiple apneic episode, then the first thing I'd be doing is looking for one I could buy. Even if it's just some cheap piece of crap that does a half assed job, it's still better than nothing at all.

Christ, if money is an issue, I'll buy you one myself.

Nope, the hospital is doing just exactly what we are expecting them to do. And I'm not cash strapped and we are going to purchase one of them with or without a prescription. That's a given. As a matter of fact I already have a script written by a very good physician friend which I have in reserve for just the occasion that the children's hospital does not give us a script on discharge. I may be a doofus but I'm a proactive doofus.

ok, so I'm not sure if I updated the group but this is what we know

1. Katarina has a .79 centimeter hole in the Atrial walls. They call it a moderate size hole

2. They did a CT of her head last night looking for (not sure)

3. They have been doing serial glucose checks since her dad's a diabetic

We will have a discussion with the cardiologist. I am sure they will want to send us home and follow up with the cardiologist in XX number of weeks but my wife will not be comfortable with that. I'm sure that surgery to repair this hole is in our very near future.

So keep Katarina in your thoughts and/or prayers.

• Like 1

Captain,

Katrina and your family are in my prayers....