Lotus

Just Plain Ruff

Just received a text from Lotus's mother that she went into cardiac arrest due to her illness and was placed on comfort care. I do believe from what I am getting from the mother that this is end stage for her.

They are working on getting her a private room and then I will try to talk to her mother at that time.

I will keep all apprised of what the status of her is as soon as I know more.

Ruffems

Her mother put in the latest text that they do not expect her to last the night. They will make her comfortable.

Dwayne, she has a problem with the electrical circuitry of her heart and the electrolytes that cause it to go haywire and cardiac arrest. I thought originally WPW but she said they never said that was it.

This illness caused her to have multiple, like nearly 40-50 cardiac arrests in her lifetime.

She carried around a portable defibrillator just so she'd have one when she went into arrest.

She took one home with her from the hospital each time she went home on furlough.

I just asked her mom what the illness was called as she seems to want to text "A LOT" right now. Probably to get her mind off this thing going on with Lotus.

Any updates I get from her mother I will post here.

Ok, from her mother, it was a variant of WPW but each time she was catheterized there were several extra nodes that would grow back after catheterization.

I have been in contact with her as well,and did receive a message on facebook from someone. So I can assume it was her mother now. I was talking to her the other night on facebook and she told me she was home alone and she felt funny, like she was dying but not that bad. I told her to call 911 and then the next time I heard from her she was in the hospital waiting for a cathe. She wanted to really tell me she had passed her tests for EMT and was very proud of it. I did ask her how the cathe went and she said perfect. I have also spoken to her on the phone. She sounded like a very sweet little gal, and just celebrated a birthday.

Now I am feeling very sad for this young lady. I told who ever messaged me that I would be praying for her. I had no idea it had come to this.

Cookie, Stephanie told me that she really only had like 2-3 months left. I asked her how that made her feel and she said she was ready. I had no response to that.

She told me today that she passed all her tests and without even really studying for them. She was ready to go and take the big one she said.

She certainly is one brave young lady, and probably has had more packed into her young life than we do in a lifetime. Stephanie carried on very well knowing what the future held. Still one is greatly saddened by the fact with all the medical miracles we see every day and new medical procedures that are discovered, there is nothing available for her. Damn!