At what point can we say a young man is a bad apple (vent session)

runswithneedles

Theres a guy I know who has already racked up two second degree felonies (one for arson, the other possesion of a stolen weapon). And now this numbnuts hit the big time in december and had sex (and admitted to the detectives) he had sex with a 13 year old child (he is 19 for gods sakes.) Ive known this kid since the summer and it irks the hell out of me that hes out of jail (got out last week) and hes friends with my girlfriend(and is hanging out with her alot) that he still likes alot (and only likes her for one reason). Ive lost all hope in the justice system and that 19 year old proves my case. What the hell is wrong with this country?

I'll notify Detective Olivia Benson from NYPD Manhattan Special Victims Unit.

Seriously, if the girlfriend has a thing for bad boys such as you describe, best read her the "Riot Act".

Worst case scenario, which I mention but never recommend, throw the guy a "Blanket Party" (Have a group of people acting in concert approach from behind, throw a blanket over his head, and pummel him till he drops, the blanket so the "guest of honor: doesn't know who assailed them).

Rumor mill has it that the now former husband of a girl I used to date had one thrown for him by another former boyfriend, after the husband wronged her, and she divorced the SOB. Before she married, everyone had thought she was going to marry the boyfriend. The girl mentioned the incident to me several years after the act allegedly happened.

edited for accuracy-

Edited by Richard B the EMT

this is a load of bullshit. Makes me wish the boondock saints were real

Boondock saints? That the movie about the Irish twins in, I think, Boston, go around shooting "evil folks" that the courts had declared "Not Guilty"?

As I said, the Blanket Party I mentioned was told me by the former girlfriend, but out of protecting both her and the other former boyfriend, I have to question her veracity. She had told a bunch of great tall tales when we had been dating, but many of them actually were true. I have no idea regarding that story if true or not, although the Statute of Limitations may have run out by now.

I'm with Dwayne on this one. She'll probably be pissed at you and you'll probably end up breaking up, but there are a million dating websites out there that'll have plenty of willing women on them. If she chooses her friendship with him over her relationship with you, it's her loss. Besides, I can see you're already having doubts. If you're at that point, you know what you need to do.

Dwayne had the most mature and reasonable answer on here. Considering that I have dated more than my share of strippers, psychos, and fellow medics/nurses/cops/soldiers... (and my sister has dated more strippers than I have...but that is a different story.... ) I can spot crazy have a mile away...and this story has Jerry Springer Crazy written allover it.

If you continue to associate with this dude, then you will have only yourself to blame for the drama. If your GF continues to associate with this dure, then that is not your fault, but if you continue to date her after the drama starts..and It will.... then that IS your fault.

Give her the benifit of the doubt andallow her to make a mature adult descision..because she is legally (if not in practice) an adult. Then let her descisions dictate your response.

And above all else, conduct yourself with class and dignity. If the situation drops to the level of the nearest trailer park...go find a better situation. There is always one waiting. Trust me.

Edited by croaker260

Dwayne gave the best advice. My advice is instead of walking away, run far and fast. Your on your way to a profession in which your image is to be of the highest quality. Don't let it get tarnished by someone or something you have no control over.

My two cents worth.

I thought Texas had the three strike law? Maybe because his were as a juvie.???

Three felony convictions and your done. Off to Huntsville to become a prison bitch.

Apparently he has not been convicted of all three as an adult.

Get away and stay away.

If your gf wants to associate with him, then get away from her also.

Unless you don't really want to make EMS your profession.

I'll only echo what others have said. Time for you to stop being a boy and start being an adult. Dwayne has offered you the best way to go about that.

I'm also going to suggest you start looking for some professional help. This is the second discussion in which you have advocated murder.

edit: accidentally hit post too soon.

Edited by paramedicmike