At what point can we say a young man is a bad apple (vent session)

runswithneedles

Well, you could do nothing and allow your reputation be sullied by the impression that you are paling around with sex offenders and silently stew about it while occasionally making a snarky comment to your girlfriend about the whole deal. Even better than that, you can wait until she starts fooling around with him, and have a recurrent cycle of her coming back to you tearfully at the end of each transgression, until the point that "she's ready to move on but still wants to be friends" and then have a few months of phone calls at 3 a.m. while she sobs about what he did this time. This seems to be a popular route with the youth. If that happens, please, post the details. I want to hear about when she calls you up and cries about him stealing her credit card and asking you what you think she needs to do to "be able to reach him" because he "is really sensitive on the inside" and wants the world to see him how she does. Its more entertaining than going to the movies.

Edited by Asysin2leads
  • Like 2

Don't forget the part where she asks him to "lend" her money so she can get some repairs done to her car when it's actually going to support her "friend's" drug habit.

No doubt the two of them will end up like this couple. (not needles, the other two)

http://www.theglobea...content=2430837

http://fullcomment.n...rd-trial-hears/

Edited by Arctickat
  • Like 1

I'm also going to suggest you start looking for some professional help. This is the second discussion in which you have advocated murder.

Much respect to you mike. However I really do find that slightly insulting. Society advocates murder for convicted felons.(AKA capital punishment) He IS one!!! This time with a 13 year old girl. Its dangerous people like him that society needs to be focusing on rather than the Rastafarian pot smoker.

woah woah woah. Before I let this get too far and possibly twisted in a ugly manner. I had no direct nor firendly dealings with him. He was a kept at a friends home last summer and worked for the families company. The family were good christian folk who thought jesus would save him. Thats how I know of him. because when I was visiting my firend he was there constantly trying to be a pain in the you know what with pity me sessions. Never was a friend. He was my firends families jesus/charity case that gone horribly wrong

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/05/10/bc-stabbing-no-charges.html?cmp=rss

Ya you want to talk about justice systems come to canada.

As for your relationship, it is always up to you what you are going to tolerate. Dont become blind but also do become accusing. If you dont want to be around this person then dont. Yes it is as simple as that.

good luck

. However I really do find that slightly insulting. Society advocates murder for convicted felons.(AKA capital punishment) He IS one!!! This time with a 13 year old girl. Its dangerous people like him that society needs to be focusing on rather than the Rastafarian pot smoker

It might be better if you left that up to the father of the 13 year old.

Run- don't walk away from this. Dwayne nailed it.

Make it perfectly clear to your girlfriend that this guy is bad news. Not sure if your girlfriend is of the opinion that this is her Christian duty to remain friends and/or help this guy, but I see nothing good coming of this for your girlfriend- and by association with her, for you.

You hate to be so cut and dried about this, but I agree that you need to give your girl an ultimatum- it's either you or this felon. She needs to cut all ties to him. NOW. From what you describe, this is not simply a stupid youthful indiscretion or mistake, he appears to be on a path to being a career criminal, and he clearly has major psych issues.

Unless you are a parole officer, a missionary, or therapist, you probably do not have the tools to deal with the drama this will surely bring. These folks generally create a nasty vortex around them, and tend to suck in anyone who comes too close. Not worth it, dude.

• Like 1

In all seriousness, given the roles and responsibilities of medical providers, even the insinuation that you keep the company of sex offenders could mean career suicide. If were in your shoes, in the middle of a paramedic program, I would have a serious discussion with your girlfriend, remind her that you intend to be in a high-profile public service, which is not compatible with having someone in his life hanging out with known felon and sex offender. It really has to be one or the other. If she persists, then you have to make the decision of whether you're going to follow through on your career goals OR (and it is a definite OR) you can flush your career down the toilet AND risk the situation I described above. If you choose the latter, just don't come crying when exactly what I said will happen, happens.

Its pretty much coded in your DNA that at your age you will disregard the advice of others, and assume that your relationship is different and special and that you really know what's best. In fact, weren't you the one on the other thread who was describing risky driving in an emergency vehicle while assuring others you "knew how it was done" and such? Yeah, like I said, if you don't pay attention to any of this advice, its on you.

Edited by Asysin2leads

Just mentioning that, with my Lady J, she caught on early that I not only implied the offer of exclusivity, but also asked it. However, we were in our 30s, with no potential other guy or gal, and no heavy baggage such as the OP mentions. Different frame of mind. (Cue the music: Two less lonely people in the world)

A possible problem is, if a demand is indicated, of "Him or me", you might lose her. Different problem is, she stays with you, HE might come dangerously after you.

Keep pointing out the "bad seed's" potential problems to her, and hope that she is mature enough to realize the potential error of her ways. Hard as it may be for you, depending on your feelings, you might have to close the door on her, and yes, I know how hard that might be.

However I really do find that slightly insulting.

I don't care.

Society advocates murder for convicted felons.(AKA capital punishment) He IS one!!! This time with a 13 year old girl. Its dangerous people like him that society needs to be focusing on rather than the Rastafarian pot smoker.

Society, by way of the judicial system, advocates for the equal treatment of all to ensure that only the guilty are entered into the penal system. Punishment depends on the severity of the crime. The judicial system has determined the punishment for the crimes for which this individual has been convicted. He has served his time and, according to the law, has paid his debt.

Society advocates for the state sanctioned taking of a life only under extreme circumstances and after a lengthy and thorough legal process. That he is still alive indicates that society has deemed he hasn't reached that level.

Does this mean he's not a dirtbag? Or course not.

It does mean, however, that you are not judge or jury. It also means you are anything but his executioner. That you would advocate for his murder, after making comments in another thread about shooting people for fun, points to a total lack of maturity and moral fortitude along with some pretty impressive ignorance. I realize you're from Texas and that you Texans are pretty quick on the draw as far as implementing the death penalty. However, society is not in unanimous agreement about capital punishment. It certainly doesn't advocate for the state sanctioned taking of life for all convicted felons (which is what your statement implicates as you left it broadly undefined).

woah woah woah. Before I let this get too far and possibly twisted in a ugly manner. I had no direct nor firendly dealings with him. He was a kept at a friends home last summer and worked for the families company. The family were good christian folk who thought jesus would save him. Thats how I know of him. because when I was visiting my firend he was there constantly trying to be a pain in the you know what with pity me sessions. Never was a friend. He was my firends families jesus/charity case that gone horribly wrong

You have been offered some excellent advice on how to proceed from here. Time for you to stop being a child and man up. How you proceed from this point will be very telling.

This guy is an arsonist, pedophile and carries a weapon.

I find it a little disturbing that any reasonable person would want to associate with him in any way. You need to tell your girl that if she ever speaks to him again you are gone and stick to your guns. I would extend her this courtesy only to give her a chance to see her err in judgement although any girl who would knowingly associate with a pedophile has critical baggage for me. Not the woman you want raising your kids.

Your best bet is to walk away from all of them. If you stick around you run the risk of succumbing to violence. You seem to at least have that inclination from what I can read in your post. In the best case scenario you win and go to jail. In the worst case you loose and go to jail or reach critical airway failure.

He is toxic and will splash his toxicity on everyone he comes close to. Good people have tried to help him to no avail. He has chosen the path he wants to walk and you need to man up and walk your own.

Edited by DFIB