Pediatric Respiratory Compromise

I am taking the National Registry Paramedic Practical in a couple of weeks. I live in Kansas City and have been unable to find a tutor here to help me practice for the test, so all of my practicing has been memorizing the sheets and reviewing over the phone with EMS friends. I moved here from NY, so I don't know many people in the EMS world yet. Anyway, the Pediatric Respiratory Compromise sheet has me a little confused. One of the critical criteria is to initiate ventilations within 30 seconds of starting the station. When I look at what must be done first, I am not sure how to accomplish it. Does anyone have any experience with this station? Thank you for the help.

You perform ventilations when indicated. The patient will initially not require positive pressure ventilation, but subsequently deteriorate after your primary assessment and intervention (Oxygen administeration). I presume you are testing at the NR-AEMT level?

I would suggest teaming up with some of your fellow classmates and reviewing for the National Registry exam together, or maybe even seeing if it would be possible to use your skills lab after class to continue to practice. I'd offer to help since we're in the same neck of the woods, but Wichita to KC is still a bit of a drive.

I would assume that the time limit to begin ventilations starts when it becomes clinically evident that they're indicated, not necessarily within thirty seconds of starting the station. What all does it want you to do before you start ventilations?

If he would answer his PM I might have a skills lab and a partner for him/her. But he has to answer his PM. Cannot help him without his answering his PM

wipe yourself :fish:

PM'd is the new Pwnd!

I think I just PMed my pants.

i think you can get an ointment for that kat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.