Unconcious Male At Bus Stop

Dfib - it's not so much the terrible danger of free radicals that concerns me... it's the treatment before assessment. How are you going to get any kind of baseline on anything until you do the 5 second or so assessment that we all do on the scene? The problem with scenarios is that there is a lot of information that we get on scene that we have to ask for in scenarios. I was trying to prevent the cookbook approach and more importantly, delineate the steps of a good, thorough scene size up and immediate impressions.

Dfib - it's not so much the terrible danger of free radicals that concerns me... it's the treatment before assessment. How are you going to get any kind of baseline on anything until you do the 5 second or so assessment that we all do on the scene? The problem with scenarios is that there is a lot of information that we get on scene that we have to ask for in scenarios. I was trying to prevent the cookbook approach and more importantly, delineate the steps of a good, thorough scene size up and immediate impressions.

Yea, I'm pickin' up what you are thowin' down I just had to moan a little because I forget I am not answering a "skill sheet" format and in the street we place our monitors first.

Here is another question for Anthony, What is the temperature outside and what time of day are we running this call? What city is this patient in? I wonder because here we had a "feels like" temperature of 116 degrees.

Ill expose him, do a better secondary and see if theres any tyre marks from the las bus that run him over

Edited by BushyFromOz
  • Like 1

At this point I would lean towards ETOH or polysubstance abuse.

He's DKA and they kicked him off a bus previously for being drunk :D

• Like 1

Ahhh thanks for showing compassion to my grandfather guys........................

see what cough medicine and beer will do to you after a long day riding the bus around for amusement during retirement?

Clearly his Metro TAP card ran out so they kicked him off the bus and he has been corrupted by meths drinking bums on skid row, this is LA people, DUH :D

1. Send the LAFD Engine company back to the station as their improperly parked fire truck is blocking the bus stop

2. Go across the street to the 7/11 and get something to drink

3. Perform primary survey

So what does that tell us?

Is there a knife sticking out of his back?,

syringe in his arm?

how is he dressed[ like he has been living in multi layers} ?

Working stiff or urban outdoorsman?

breath smells like? [if he's breathing]

Fuck this guy I've sat on scene for long enough, I could be at the damn beach by now living it up and that black man with an afro and a .357 in the glove compartment I have for a partner is getting itchy ... time to go back to station and swap him out for that large breasted blonde lady so I can go down to Venice and get my tan on

Have the LAPD haul him down to the cop shop and if he needs attention they can get the Police Medical Officer to come visit him in jail or if he's really sick they can send an LACoFD Paramedic Squad to come fix him up with a blue box, a red box and one page of standing orders which are essentially unchanged since 1973

I texted Anthony and he replied saying he was really busy and he will try to get to this as soon as he can.

Seriously, now.

Is the person dressed appropriately for local weather conditions, weather as appearing as a rich man or homeless? Is the person exhibiting odors of excrement, urine, or alcoholic-like substances?

Good, someone gloved up, and attempted to ascertain level of consciousness. What was the response?

Did the driver see anything, or just call in a "man down, may need assistance" type request for aid?

Did anyone, as a bystander, see anything, and if so, what?

If in local protocols, and in level of practice, are you going to do a blood sugar level finger stick test?