ACLS Protocols

No not a rule, but an unussual intepretation of a difenet rule.

But that i sjust a guess, coming from an ACLS instructor.

Wow croaker. Tough night there?

There is no specific mention of a need to confirm asystole in 2 or more leads. Doing so is not absolutely wrong, but there is more focus on the need to start/resume compressions. The utility of doing so also needs to be considered within the context of the situation. Asystole as the presenting rhythm might lead you to considering not initiating resuscitation. Asystole as a development of treatment should probably lead you to continuing efforts until you are able to determine how responsive the patient is to those efforts.

I would always confirm, only takes a a few seconds more. It seems that at least twice per year I read a story where some live person has woken up in a morgue, after some healthcare provider determined they were dead. Its kind of like the "never point a gun at yourself while cleaning it, even though you know all bullets are removed".

Wow croaker. Tough night there?

There is no specific mention of a need to confirm asystole in 2 or more leads. Doing so is not absolutely wrong, but there is more focus on the need to start/resume compressions. The utility of doing so also needs to be considered within the context of the situation. Asystole as the presenting rhythm might lead you to considering not initiating resuscitation. Asystole as a development of treatment should probably lead you to continuing efforts until you are able to determine how responsive the patient is to those efforts.

WOW, I have absolutely no recollection of even typing that, much less those spelling errors. Yeah, long shift the night before followed by doing crap all days, gives me a little dementia I think :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.