Doc rolls out 'Hangover Heaven' on Vegas Strip

emt2359

An idea whose time has come. No different than the rolling medical clinics in rural areas. This guys just capitalizing on those people who party to excess in the party capital of america.

Patients get a shot of the anesthetic Lidocaine to numb the skin before the IV needle is inserted

Really? Wow.

Otherwise, if people want to pay for this service, and he can provide it safely at a profit, why not?

What the difference between getting the IV.. or getting stuck with a hypodermic needle.. then the IV? I'd just go for the one stick and your done. Of course they may have to fish around for a vein, that always 100% guarantee, makes me lose consciousness.

Yeh I never understood the numb ya before I stick ya concept (in relation to IVs that is) :)

I remember years ago when I had to have some same day surgery and they insisted on doing this. I told them it was stupid, just put the IV in, but they absolutely would not do it any other way...injected my hand with lido first, then started the IV.

Yeah, I had the same experience AK. I actually refused the lidocaine. They nearly refused to do the surgery without the lidocaine for the IV first. I told them they were being stupid and obstinate. They finally relented and got the iv. The nurses were pretty pissed and upset I refused the lidocaine. They sort of were amazed that I was able to take the 20 gauge needle pain without the lido.

I told them that I started hundreds of IV's over the past year without lidocaine and could count on one or two hands the times that a person had an issue with the pain of an iv needle.

I remember years ago when I had to have some same day surgery and they insisted on doing this. I told them it was stupid, just put the IV in, but they absolutely would not do it any other way...injected my hand with lido first, then started the IV.

I remember the one and only time I've had stitches. The lidocaine going in hurt way more than anything else, including when the injury happened. Maybe he's an exceptionally thoughtful doc and buffers the lidocaine with a little bicarb first?

Regardless, I see no reason he shouldn't be able to run this type of business. People drink to excess, the good doctor makes a little jingle in the process. No different than McDonald's making money off of a 400lb man by selling him a few hamburgers.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.