2 weeks out from completing my second semester paramedic. which test do I apply for (AEMT or EMT-I/99)

I-85 is going the way of 99. In fact, you would have less time to transition from 85 to AEMT than 99 to paramedic. From what I gather, you will no longer be continuing paramedic school and are looking at testing at a lower level to salvage as much as possible regarding employment options? As I've stated, the AEMT will be the best bet as all levels of intermediate are going away. I am surprised that you have not done your own research into this as it's spelled out on the registry website.

Good luck.

oh goodness no. Ive never said once I wanted to drop. Ill go through a storm pouring shit pushing a heavy cart up hill before I even utter the words I quit or im settling. I want my I or AEMT because its a pay raise thatll get me closer to my own car. More patients that arent discharges. And with my I or AEMT I get my own truck and a basic.

I-85 is going the way of 99. In fact, you would have less time to transition from 85 to AEMT than 99 to paramedic. From what I gather, you will no longer be continuing paramedic school and are looking at testing at a lower level to salvage as much as possible regarding employment options? As I've stated, the AEMT will be the best bet as all levels of intermediate are going away. I am surprised that you have not done your own research into this as it's spelled out on the registry website.

Good luck.

registry is different from Texas department of state health. and im not sure what the health department would do if I have a AEMT. They only have the EMT-I 85

especially when I have three more months from completion with a certification and a 2 year degree. AT this point their is nothing to salvage. Its all or nothing. And I dont walk away from anything empty handed

Edited by runswithneedles

I need the cert because the car I have is being borrowed from my grandparents and I need to save up for a sizeable down payment for my own vehicle.

Are you in danger of losing access to this vehicle? If not then, as difficult as it is being your age and relying on your grandparent's car, just suck it up and deal with the car. If you are in danger of losing access to the vehicle then certainly other options need to be explored.

I remember being your age and wanting a car of my own. Then I finally bought a car and had monthly car payments. I'm sure many people here will agree with me when I tell you that car payments suck. As much as I hated it when people told me this when I was 19/20 it was good advice; If you have access to reliable transportation by way of your grandparent's car then use that for as long as you can. You will have plenty of time once you graduate to get a car that's yours.

What are you driving now? What do you want to get for your own car?

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.