Bone Injection Gun

I just attended a Train the Trainer session for the Bone injection gun by Waismed. I'm more familiar with EZ-IO and the FAST ONE. The B.I.G. doesn't seem to me that it's all that adjustable. Essentially, it's spring loaded and just pounds through the bone into the marrow, yet there is no way to continue pushing the needle through if the spring doesn't get it all the way to the marrow.

I have also heard, but nothing to back it up other than verbal discussions that increased bone fractures with the big, especially with smaller boned patients. Anyone else get that experience?

I have also heard, but nothing to back it up other than verbal discussions that increased bone fractures with the big, especially with smaller boned patients. Anyone else get that experience?

I have not heard anything personally but it is certainly plausible given the high amount of force exerted from the BIG

The BIG is old news here also. We tried them and had poor success with getting them to flow as the injection seemed to plug the opening with fragments that had to be forcibly flushed out to flow fluids . EZ-IO works much easier and definitely more gentle on the PT. Now that they have the longer needle it has a high success rate.

Fast 1 worked great, but had a bystander pass out while watching it inserted, pretty gruesome looking tool, took some fore to imbed it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.