Patient chest pain

Questions about his poo are reasonable. Add bloody to the list as well. We had a patient last night that the medic asked her the same question, said she was sick and vomited, chest pains and had a sudden bm, he asked her what it was, diaharrea etc.

You want to know about his poo?

Damn Emergentologists and their super secret medical knowledge

It's called a complete history, Kiwi. Us undertrained doctors in the US know how to do it. :clown:

It's called a complete history, Kiwi. Us undertrained doctors in the US know how to do it.

I never said you were undertrained

And I thought perhaps some pathologic basis for your question existed that would explain his symps

And this is the third post ive made from my phone after being interrupted trying to sleep after being up twelve hours already, I shall be well prepared for my acute call registrar days lol

Hello,

He isn't hot and dry so not an anticholinergic toxidrome.

He is sweaty but not agitated so it isn't a sympathometic toxidrome.

He has no muscle regidity and isn't on any SSRI or antipsychotics so it isn't a Serotonin Syndrome or NMS.

What is his temp?

What I do know is he is symptomatic with his HTN. I would give him some Ativan SL and see if his BP and HR decrease. Then maybe some NTG.

Prehaps, it could be hyperthyroidism? I know infection can cause Graves Disease......Not sure endocrine is a weak point.

Cheers

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delays in updates on the scenario in my last two weeks of medic school so everything is wrapping up. Anways back to the scenario:

His feces is watery diarrhea with no mucous, blood, or anything abnormal. You find his tempature is 105 degrees. You note no crying, salivation, urination, etc.

Continued assessment? Treatment?

You also note that he seems to calm down a little bit after administrating the ativan but his heart rate is still high. His pain is untouched from the administration of nitroglycerin and ASA. He says he now has a headache.

Vitals are now: 180/80 Pulse-155, RR-22 SpO2-98

Edited by FireEMT2009