The Kiwi-ERDoc love fest continues

ERDoc

Would you two just get a room.

No cos Emergentologist is cheap, he made me sleep in the back of his car at the camping ground :D

If he'd listened to my advice and become an Anaesthesiatologist he could be pulling 500k and afford a room ....

He did offer to take me to one of those pay by the minute motels off the free way but it looked a bit dodgy

At least at the end of the day, we all know its us Nurses that run the department and tell the docs to just script something and let us get on with doing the work ;)

Yup that is true, them Doctors are busy at the computer using that super secret medical knowledge formulating treatment plans looking at Facebook

Whilst Medicine is very important and focuses on the as-definitive-as-possible solution to the physical problem (see and fix the disease process) I don't think that really matters a whole lot if you don't look at the holistic needs of the patient. Some Physicians are absolutely bloody brilliant at it, some are absolutely crap and view medicine as a purely academic exercise in people mechanics and are devoid of any people skills what so ever.

We let the surgeons think they are being asked but in the end it comes down to, "I have a guy with an acute appy. You need to come down and take him to the OR."

Pretty much how it works here; talk to the Surgical Registrar, he agrees to admit the patient to the surgical service and at some point the Surgical House Officer comes down to review and arrange admission.

As for my lack of a house officer year, we are just that well educated here that we don't need it. Keep up the tawkin and Imma put a cap in yo ass.

No pizza for you now; and the pizza place has large on special for $4.99 each, I was going to get you a peperoni pizza but now you can just sit in the car and wait while I eat mine in the store and make you watch through the window and try to talk up the hot chick sitting at the table next to me mwahahaha

I offered the Motel 8 down on 28th Street. You were the one that was concerned about the crack pipes and syringes on the ground. My system blocks FB, which is why I spend so much time on this site when I am at work. Uh, just so you know, that "chick" is named Bruce and "she" comes from the Village. Enjoy.

Mmm this pepperoni pizza is pretty damn good, not like the authentic local stuff you get in Brooklyn where the crust is so thick you can feed the world on one slice but still the best Italian food you're going to get at 11pm cooked by an Indian guy in New Zealand right?

I was watching this thing on NOVA; a PBS doco called Doctor's Diaries about these seven medical students in 1987 and what they've done since then; one of them is a big, fat, salty New Yorker who tawks like this yo showin off the old neighbawhood living on pizza; funny as hell and you know the best part he is now an emergency physician; I think you two might be related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMvsF3OJclI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnrjZ5qztv4

Oh and the reason I didn't want to go to the Motel 8 on 26th St was because it's where I am cheating on you with a Dentist from Kalamazoo and I didn't want the clerk to say something like "oh where's your other friend you come here with?"

Edited by Kiwiology

I love the drauma. :rolleyes2: We went from mere mortals to god-like physicians who live on Mount Olympus, eat rubies, shit gold bricks and can save the entire universe from the combined forces of COBRA and Skeletor.

I love the drauma. :rolleyes2: We went from mere mortals to god-like physicians who live on Mount Olympus, eat rubies, shit gold bricks and can save the entire universe from the combined forces of COBRA and Skeletor.

See! THAT is the exact kind of image Doctors here do not have ..

Wait, what about Fran Drescher? She is like 100x worse than Skeletor combined with the bubonic plague ....

I offered the Motel 8 down on 28th Street. You were the one that was concerned about the crack pipes and syringes on the ground. My system blocks FB, which is why I spend so much time on this site when I am at work. Uh, just so you know, that "chick" is named Bruce and "she" comes from the Village. Enjoy.

Damn, I know that Motel 8 you are talking about. I would only put Kiwi up in that place, not anyone else. I prefer the Homewood Suites off 28th street behind the Olive Garden, just up from Hooters. Never did get to Hooters though. (really I didn't).

We stayed at that Homewood Suites when we came out to interview. It's a nice place and the Olive Garden is pretty good (I feel the New Yorker in me dying just a little more as I type that). Ruff, I noticed you didn't say that you never stopped in at Cirilla's.

Ha! Joke is on you, a guy I used to work with lives in GRR so I can stay at his house (well technically it's his mom's house and he's like 30 something ... awkward)

Oh and Olive Garden is not bad I mean its not good but it's not bad either ...

Edited by Kiwiology

I've grown fond of their Strawberry and white chocolate doccini. Someone in GRR who's lazy and lives with his parents? Surely you are joking. Is it safe to assume that he is the proud owner of a Michigan medical marijuana card?

Well, the cirilla's was nice on the outside but the skank on the inside left well let's just say, a little to be desired. errr Note to the wife, I didn't go in, I DID NOT GO IN TO CIRILLA's, honest, I DIDN't.

you mean there's a cirillas there?

It must be the Topomax making me have the selective forgetfulness that the neurologist warned me about.