A Common Theme here on the forums

I'm seeing a common theme among many threads here that have been started in the past couple of weeks.

I know it's easy to ask about things here but a little legwork on posters part goes a long way in the beginning.

There are a lot of very very smart people here on the forums and I know that this is the reason why the basic legwork isn't being done but let's think this through.

Maybe many will disagree with me here but hear me out.

For a specific state or National registry question it might just be easier to do a quick google search for the particular State department of EMS or National Registry of EMT and call them directly.

Especially the National Registry of EMT's as they are really really particular as to what they allow and what they do not allow.

Instead of waiting for someone on this forum who might have the answer or may have an idea of what the answer is, a short search via Google for the national registry phone number or a quick google search for your state specific department of EMS and a quick phone call to NREMT or where-ever will give you the Correct answer and not an answer from Joe Blow from EMT City which may or may not be right.

And trust me, you do not want to take the word of someone on this site when your licensure or your job is on the line. When your job is on the line don't you want the the most correct answer and not an answer off a website that is not sanctioned by the agency that you need the answer from?

You are held responsible for getting the correct answer for your question and why not make the extra effort to get the right answer rather than take the lazy way out by getting it from someone who may or may not know the answer. It's your call.

Do you wonder why some of the veteran members here keep telling those who ask the questions that are best answered by the NREMT or state agencies, to call the specific agencies. There is a reason we keep saying that OVER and OVER again.

I don't know how many times we have to keep saying that until it takes hold.

• Like 1

It's like people want a quick fix. They want it handed to them on a silver platter.

They have no issues on how to search for things on Google. They are experts on searching on google yet for things like these, all that needs to happen is type is www.google.com and then type in the search window National registry of EMT's

The first thing to pop up is the national registy. All the way at the bottom of the page is the phone number of the registry. It's not a 800 number but the number is down there.

Takes less than 10 minutes to make the call.

I think it would be interesting to look at the demographics of those who ask the questions looking for a quick answer without bothering to research the answer themselves.

I have some idea what the data would show. I also think there'd be some surprises in there.

I disagree. This site is filled with professionals that can help people find the answers they need. We should encourage people to ask questions and they should be answered appropriately. To simply tell them to "Google it" is counterproductive to the growth of the site and makes the person asking the question not want to return.

We are a resource. We should provide information and in doing so we invite them to come back to participate in discussions and in time they will be the person answering questions. If we do that enough times, we will be the place new faces and talents go to when other sites tell them to "Google it", because we will be the site Google refers them to.

-Admin