Trauma Shears

Hi Everyone,

I am doing research for a medical equipment company that is launching a new kind of high quality and durable trauma shear. I am interested in learning about the purchasing habits and usage of trauma shears by EMTs and other medical professionals. I would greatly appreciate it if you could respond to this quick survey about your use of shears. Thank you!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HYNG7ZG

I got to the last question and am questioning the last question. Thats triple redundant.

But if you are doing a research question on how we use our shears,there's nothing in your survey on how we use our shears.

I mean purchasing habits

But you don't ask how I use them, I would have thought that if you were really interested in how I used them rather than how much I spent on them you would have asked do you use them on trauma patients, do you use them in cutting clothes or seat belts or whatnot. I mean the product if it's high quality and durable I would think that maybe you would be asking about what the type of stuff we use our shears for???

And then you ask me if I want more info on new products in the medical field which to me you are just throwing out a red herring for the survey by getting me to say Yes I'm interested in finding more info on other products so you can send me stuff. But I said Yes, but it never asked me to submit any personal info so that's good.

I wish you luck on your roll out of the new shears though.

I prefer ones that are free, and of a color that nobody would want to carry on their person. I also don't carry them on my person. What is some nutcase going to look for on you, when they want to hurt, subdue or kill you? Something to carry out that wish. So, I also don't carry my keys. And I tuck pens deep down in my pockets. Although I would never try to cut a coin in half, b/c you're gonna ruin the shears, if a pair can do that. It's prolly safe to assume it will cut jeans, leather, etc. Most will, but you'll end up with a cramp between your thumb and index finger. I don't put any money into shears, and I don't with the EMS accounts either. I go to Moore, select their brand, and get 10 pairs of hot pink every six months. B/c chances are, 8 of the 10 will be lost or stolen in that time period.

1c: I do the exact same thing. Different supplier

Fluorescent hot pink shears and stethoscopes are what I purchase for the truck and crews jump kits. I consider them disposables.

Now when it comes to other hard equipment ,I buy the very best we can afford on our budget, which might take a little longer to purchase , but will last a lot longer.

Say what you will about the German's, but they make a good shear.

As long as they say "Made in Germany" and are cheap enough to dispose of, I buy them.

I think I pay $10/set at Advanced response in Saskatoon Sk.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.