Pain managment techniques within the EMT-B and paramedic scope of practice

runswithneedles

You need to immediately decide if you will make every critical decision based on whether or not you will get written up.

Accepting a call that you believed was inappropriate for you because you were afraid that you would get jammed up? Major fail.

Being to 'scared shitless' to call for an intervention that you were confident was necessary? Major fail.

I'm not trying to bust your balls brother, but it's already past time that you reevaluate the reasons that you entered this business. If it's to be a 'cover your ass' provider, well, ok then, you're on the right track and will fit in with the majority of those that you work with.

If it's to be competent and do actual good for your patients, you're completely off in the ditch.

I like you here, love your posts, hope that you'll stay, but most of all hope that you can take my comments literally and in the spirit intended.

A year from now, depending on the provider that you choose to be, you will be embarrassed by the post above. How do I know? Cause I've got a million of them. Just search my early posting history here...But better to be smarter and humiliated later than continue down the wrong road because no one cared enough to tell you to turn your headlights on...

Keep the faith my friend...

Dwayne

THIS! In this field, you go one of two ways. You're there for the money and adrenaline and burn out quickly, become jaded and don't care to "go with the flow" or you're there to help people, make a difference and arent' afraid to do what you think is morally right. We need more of those people that are patient driven and compassionate about what they do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.