Your Driving Record

Just a heads-up to all students, especially if you are in your teens or early 20s --- Please keep your driving record clean, and if it is a mess, take a defensive driving course to shave off some points. I can not tell you how many applicants I have had to turn down this year because they were under 23 years of age and had 7-10 violations on their record.

The EMT schools should warn you about this before taking your money, but apparantely in my neck of the woods they do not. I had one guy with 7 pages of violations on his report with his license being suspended twice, and he was shocked that no one would hire him. If you do have a bad record, consider going straight to Paramedic School if you are already to deep in EMT school.

I totally agree on that score. W had a kid go thru the whole emt class and found out he was not going to be able to take the test because of his driving record and the fact he had outstanding tickets he did not have taken care of. Go figure.

you mean that my history of driving terrible and a criminal record might preclude me from a job. The fact that i wear my jeans down near my ankles might preclude me from a job. what I post on facebook might keep me from a job. The fact I can't write a clean sentence might keep me from a job. The amount of gold in my teeth and ink on my ASS might keep me from getting a job. the fact I have 5 kids before I was 20 might keep me from getting hi gh paying job.

Say it aint so. I thought that quitting high school and getting mah GED would garantee me a jahb.

Edited by Captain Kickass

Good thing mine is as clean as a whistle.

Thank you very much for the heads up

The fact that i wear my jeans down near my ankles might preclude me from a job. what I post on facebook might keep me from a job. The fact I can't write a clean sentence might keep me from a job. The amount of gold in my teeth and ink on my ASS might keep me from getting a job. the fact I have 5 kids before I was 20 might keep me from getting hi gh paying job.

Why didn't you just say "black", would have saved you some typing, maybe you should read eyedawn's post on biases.

The fact that i wear my jeans down near my ankles might preclude me from a job. what I post on facebook might keep me from a job. The fact I can't write a clean sentence might keep me from a job. The amount of gold in my teeth and ink on my ASS might keep me from getting a job. the fact I have 5 kids before I was 20 might keep me from getting hi gh paying job.

Why didn't you just say "black", would have saved you some typing, maybe you should read eyedawn's post on biases.

Whoa! What, you never seen a caucasian, Latino, or Asian type dude that looked like that? Seriously... I didn't read "black" out of what Mike said, and I grew up in a neighborhood where I was the ONLY, and I mean only, white kid in a 20 block radius.

Yikes!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

We have plenty of caucasians, inked, dressed and tho no gold because their teeth are falling out and the boys wear their pants down to their ankles in a neighboring town. One girl I know had five kids by the age of 21 and just had her sixth. They have also dropped out of school and cannot manage to get to the GED Classes to take them. They wonder why they can't get a job :bonk:

• Like 1