cpr temp card

tamaith

Hi ,

I was teaching a cpr course and a student asked me for a temp cpr card until the cards came . I never heard of temp cpr card ( although that sounds brilliant). Has anyone heard of them or know how to obtain them? Thank you.

Never heard of them. Every CPR course I have taken I was handed the card at the end of the class so I would never have considered there to be a need for temporary as I had my real one. Perhaps a receipt with passed and your signature would suffice until they get the real card.

There isnt a temp CPR card. I've always either gotten them at the end of class or had to wait until the regional office printed them and sent them to my organization. Why do they need a temp card?

They are emt's and their certs are going to expire at the end of the month . I told them that on ave it takes around 2 wks for the cards to come in via mail. They said their boss won't let them be on the trucks without it.

Unfortunately there isnt a temp card. Given the time frame and the fact that thier cards expire at the end of the month...maybe they should have been more proactive and taken the recert class earlier than a week or so before thier cards expire. Just a thought ....

• Like 1

How about a simple form letter stating that <insert name> has taken and successfully passed a CPR course as administered by <agency>. An official card will be forthcoming. Please accept this note from the instructor <insert contact information here> as proof of having taken the course until an official card arrives.

This has been done by instructors with whom I've worked. To my knowledge, it has never posed a problem.

ha i agree, I myself tend to wait until the last min on things it's a bad habbit i m trying to break.

i told the students that their boss may contact me , The letter idea sounds great ! thank you nypamedic43 and paramedic mike

I just fill them out before the course, and give them the card when it's finished. They usually copy them for the EMS Region, then peel and fold it to pocket size.