Calls worthy of the Darwin Award

runswithneedles

My Darwin award LOL

A fifty year old man was making a pipe bomb, I guess he was to the point of putting the charge in it. So he put gun powder in it then began shaking it to get the powder to settle I guess something caused a spark, when we got on scene he had a two foot piece of pipe sticking out of his eye orbit, he didn't make it, died in surgery.

And we have a winner

Am I too sick to live in society if im laughing at this.

No, I have to admit that me and the DEA agents had a laugh or two, after transport if course, but the funniest part was the deputy who came out to the truck with half the pts eye ball, " yall need this ? " one of the first responders said. " probably not, its the wrong size to fit in the end of the pipe." I strongly believe you have to laugh sometimes or we would go crazy seeing the things we do.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

So called "Black Humor" is a survival technique of all in the emergency services. Just make sure no civilians are within earshot, or risk getting labled as, at minimum, an "insensitive jerk".

If you don't blow off steam, sometimes, with the black humor, there's risk of PTSD somewhere down the road.

I think I was born with black humor

*sigh* I think its weird Ill be certified to push schedule 2 narcotics in a few short months and yet I will only be able to raise a glass of apple juice at my certification party.

My first time with "the guys" after my first shift as a medic. What will you have? Dos Equis? No Ill just have a coke.

I dont always drink coke with the guys, but when I do...Its really humiliating.

Stay thirsty my friends

Edited by runswithneedles
  • Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.