wages

Most emts in this area getting 11.00Hr. The company I work for was giving me 12.

Amen. Ive never been a big fan of unions. But in this case I think they will be the ticket to better the wages.

Unions are fine so long as they don't become politically corrupt. Very few achieve this goal.

Unions are fine so long as they don't become politically corrupt. Very few achieve this goal.

Give me one example of one who has achieved that goal?

I cannot. I was working under the assumption that I do not have personal knowledge of every union and there might be one that was legit.

Every union I have knowledge of is corrupt and a cash cow for a lot of fat cats while the workers foot the bill.

EMS wages in Ontario, Canada have made leaps and bounds in just the last 7-8yrs. When I first started almost 12yrs ago now I was making more working at the grocery store where I worked all through high school and college than I was working EMS.

I think that the downtime is fantastic as said above (although it's rare here nowadays - out call volume has nearly doubled since I started. The thing most lay public don't get though is that in my opinion we don't get paid for what we may do (such as down time) our pay should reflect what we may have to do/deal with when we aren't on downtime. The reality is most people would never want to ever have some of the images/smells/feelings that a lot of us carry around with us. That's what our pay should reflect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Teamsters!

Bahahahahahahhahaa. Sorry. Can't help myself sometimes. As a former teamster I admit that they got us a decent wage. I also admit that I've never seen or heard of a more corrupt, graft-heavy, mobbed up buncha goombas then I had to deal with there.

What I was hoping is that you knew of a union who wasn't corrupt. I don't know of any. Many of the locals are not corrupt but the nationals are but then again I only have anecdotal evidence and the myriad of national and other media stories out there of unions and their corruption trials but then again, isn't thre corruption in all industries.

Not just picking on unions.

at the moment I am on 33.95 an hour as an ICP with rescue allowance

that equates to

35.95 US

35.92 Can

22.76 UK

44.15 NZ

273.60 SAR

27.34 Euro

at the moment I am on 33.95 an hour as an ICP with rescue allowance

That's pretty impressive, but you know what's even more awesome, the hats you guys get, it's not pay or clinical ability or anything else that makes an ambo, it's the hat! :D

16ba6bt.jpg

Edited by kiwimedic

I once entered into the most amazing and wholesome union with my high school sweetheart after the home coming game...I'm confident that there were no politics or cash involved...does that count?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.