Muslims Allowed to Attack People for Insulting Mohammad

ma2359

As I see it, the Judge should have recused himself from sitting in judgment of the case, due to his own religious beliefs.

Does anyone else recall, from a few years back, that the cartoonist who put out a picture in a Netherlands publication, allegedly showing a caricature or representation of the Prophet Mohamed, was assassinated?

Then, again, how many millions of people have been killed, over the centuries, in wars fought in the names of religions, all of which have in their holy books, some variant of "Thou shall not kill!"?

This situation is wrong in every way. No one should be assaulted for expressing their ideas no matter how offensive they may be.

Judge Martin violated the standard of the American law and acted in accordance to his own ignorance and is a disgrace and dishonor to his office and should be immediately removed.

As for a civil suit ... we can only hope.

I'm surprised our president didn't apologize to the Muslim for his "inconvenience" of being arrested.

He's apologized to damn near everyone else on the planet- including the idiots who are upset that their holy book was accidentally burned- even though it was used by the prisoners for sending extremist messages back and forth. It's also amusing that nobody is supposed to write in the Koran, but if they do or it somehow gets defaced/marred/ruined, the only acceptable solution is to burn the book.

So who apologizes to the military guys' families who were shot by the same Afghani soldiers that trained them and supposedly were our allies?

Sorry- tangent and soap box. I'm just sick and tired of how we bend over backwards because the left thinks things like this makes us appear tolerant, yet our enemies simply see it as a sign of weakness. I simply cannoth fathom how anyone can defend this.

What ticks me off is that the Westboro Baptist Church can do their god awful crap everyday of the week with out getting their asses kicked but one guy who poked fun at the wrong thing can get assaulted with out consequence. Hopefully the wheels of politics will catch up with this guy and he will be out on his ass.

http://news.yahoo.co...-210000330.html

What are your thoughts?

They're both idiots. The judge's decision is questionable.

The assailant did "assault" the doofus in the zombie suit. But I got the impression that I've been hurt worse by my two year old daughter jumping off the couch. He's complaining of being choked without any change in his voice, and a normal volume and pitch. It doesn't seem like it was too serious. I'm a little surprised that charges were pressed.

The assailant should respect freedom of speech / expression. The guy wearing the zombie suit should probably realise that some people are pretty sensitive about their religious beliefs, and deliberately antagonising them might get him a friendly tickle-fight.

A storm in a tea cup.

• Like 1

Man, it's kind of a mixed bag for me, though I'm not religious so this argument doesn't raise my ire. But let's change it something that does...

A parade where a person is in parody of an autistic, drooling, making exaggerated stereotypical autistic movements with a plastic goat strapped to his crotch as if he's humping it....

I promise you that I'm going to punch the shit out of him, and I'm going to continue punching him until someone stops me or he convinces me that he's really, really sorry for making my son's life harder than it already is.

DFIB says that no 'no one should be assaulted for their ideas, no matter how offensive...' but, really? I have no question that this man didn't have an 'idea', but instead he had a way that he was confident would be so offensive that it would get him on the news or create an assault law suit as is going to happen here.

Do we really benefit when we create a world where physical violence is the only type of assault? When a person chooses to behave in a way that stems not from a personal message, or a deeper thought, but is only expressing their best thought out plan to be as offensive as possible, to create emotional pain, and then put that offensiveness in your face, isn't the world a better place when someone slaps the shit out of them?

Babs can't go down the street without a shirt because people may be offended by the natural body that she was born with. But if I put on fake tits, stab knives through them, have a pretend bloody, aborted baby dragging down the street behind me by it's umbilical cord, then it's ok to put that in your kids' face because I suddenly have a message?

Isn't the world actually a better place when some people, who's only intention is to cause pain, not education, get knocked the F*** out?

I think that the saying, "It takes a village to raise a child" is really true for many reasons. But one for the ability of people to say, "No, this isn't going to happen here today." We're trying to create a world, so that we can feel like better people, where we pretend that every thought, every idea, ever personal action should be protected as sacred. But when the sole intention of the sum of those things is to cause pain, to attempt to push people beyond their emotional limits so that they will act in just the way that this asshole got this man to act...then, no, I don't think that that is a sacred idea, and it seems to e that had the legal system not been involved that this situation would have worked itself out to a logical, and productive conclusion.

Dwayne

EDIT: As I reread that I wonder how many that don't know me will believe that I'm not a diehard advocate of personal American freedoms. I am. But I'm getting exhausted by the politically correct nonsense where we put a spin on things to make people more like sheep, more easily victimized.

Bernhard Getz (sp) went to prison for shooting a bunch of shitheads on the subway. By the end of the trial it was determined that he actually shot a bunch of honor students that, while not realizing that they'd formed a circle around him in an intimidating manner, were simply asking another brother, and neighbor if he could spare a dollar, while accidentally holding a sharpened screwdriver...."Wait? How did that dang thing get there??"

No one questions the intention of those kids. No one really questions that he was being robbed. Yet we must find some way to make him evil because he impinged on these kids' right to express their persona ideal of fiscal financial independence I guess.

I don't think anyone really questions why this douche dressed as he did. And I doubt that anyone believes that there was an altruistic ideal involved. He wanted only to hurt people...and being the recipient of the expected result shouldn't make him a victim in my opinion.

I completely disagree with the judge, but very much support the attacker. Weird, right?