So... Whats your hobby?

EMTDenny

As for IMGs, it depends on what you want to go into and where you graduate from. Most of our medical schools use a fail/pass/honors grading system also. Of the 5 schools I applied to only one, USUHS, used an ABCDF scale.

Awesome, I will keep you in mind but I must warn you I do not look good in a bikini in winter and I will probably never get out of the habit of referring to myself as the "Anaesthetic Registrar" despite the funny looks received ...

Edited by Kiwiology

It's an old saying around here.

"What do you call a person who finishes last in his medical school class?"

Doctor.

On a computer. Microsoft Flight sim is awesome. There are so many add-ons that you can make it as real as you want.

Have you downloaded FLIGHT yet? It sux. I'm going to buy X-Plane to see what it's like. These days most of my flying isn't simulated.

Who's your NASCAR driver? My wife and kids each have a flag for their favorite, whoever has the driver with the highest finish gets their flag up until the next race.

Edited by Arctickat

I have not downloaded Flight. I've heard it is too video game like and lacks realism as well as locations, so I haven't bothered. I use FSX and Active Sky for my weather. I like Mark Martin and have slow to accept that I need to pick someone else. We have a rivalry in my house. My wife is a Jeff Gordon fan and my oldest son is a Junior fan. We also have Elliot Sadler and Jimmie Johnson fans as well as my daughter who is a Jeff Gordon fan (my wife started early on that one).

I love the flag idea. I'll have to keep it in mind when I get my flagpole up (been working on it for 6 years now).

Edited by ERDoc

I used to have a nice FSX set up (by product of my days working for United as a project analyst) but I haven't used it in many many months and don't really plan to do so again. I've got some of my CPL theory papers and whatnot.

I spent a bunch of money on the hyper-realistic addons (PMDG etc) and never use them, so yo Emergetologist if you want them you're welcome to them.

Why you think I want to become a helicopter doctor? cos I like planes duh

As for NASCAR I only watch it for the excuse to drink cheap beer and eat chips and for the crashes :D

Wait, is NASCAR even recognised in the Great Mitten I thought it was hockey up there? for that matter is NASCAR even recognised anywhere north of Oklahoma?

"Looks like they're making another left turn here Bob"

"Thats right Frank!"

*BUZZ BUZZ

"Hello anaesthetic registrar? i see, hmm yes sounds pretty crook, give him some more vecuronium and I'll be down later, I'm er ... in theatre"

"Wow look at the fireball there Frank!"

"Aw bloody hell missed it!" *hurls beer bottle at the telly

If it's free, it's for me. I'll take anything you don't want that doesn't require hours upon hours to learn to use. If you get a residency spot here in town, you can moonlight on the helicopter. We have a helicopter staffed with an MD/RN.

As for NASCAR, they do turn right twice a year. We have a track here in Michigan, just about 2-3 hours away from here. Let's face it, we all watch it for the crashes. The was a pretty awesome one under a caution about a month ago. The jet dryers were out on the track and one of the drivers lost control and slammed right into the dryer, ignigting the jet fuel. It melted thr track and they had to repair it to continue the race.

Indeed. I have the Saitek Pro Flight yoke, throttle quad, switch panel, and rudders. Someday I might invest in more but I'm trying to save up for a real plane of my own.

I have my own thoughts regarding hockey, and they aren't all that flattering.

I was in Cuba during that race, all ESPN would show was the crash over and over, they didn't even tell us who the hell won.

Edited by Arctickat

I have the flight yoke and rudder pedals. I own the throttle quad but have never been able to get it to work properly. Any chance you know of a good freeware panel for a 3 engine aircraft, specifically the MD-11?

My hobbies apart from EMS include: working on my Jeep Rubicon and going on off road trails, hiking/camping/traveling (just got back from Peru a few days ago, me and a friend hiked the Salkantay trail to Machu Picchu), play a lot of sports, and read a lot of books on medicine, buddhism, and philosophy. I'm in the process of finishing my Human Resource Management Certificate, and I'll be going back to school in the summer to get my Advanced Care Paramedic then I plan to volunteer in South America for 3-6 months at remote clinics to gain some experience and work on my Spanish!

I plan to volunteer in South America for 3-6 months at remote clinics to gain some experience and work on my Spanish!

I just bought Rosetta Stone. ;)

I have the flight yoke and rudder pedals. I own the throttle quad but have never been able to get it to work properly. Any chance you know of a good freeware panel for a 3 engine aircraft, specifically the MD-11?

Haven't seen one, but then, I've never looked. Here's one that's not free.

http://flypfc.com/?/products/throttle-quadrants/three-engine-jet-spoilers-throttles-reversers/

Edited by Arctickat