So... Whats your hobby?

EMTDenny

While not addressing EMS as a hobby, I recall the story of the first grade boy who was asked to show which of 2 pictures was that of someone working, the man reading a book, or the one chopping wood. He chose the man reading the book, and was marked as incorrect.

Turned out the boy's father was a booik editor, who chopped wood as a way to relax.

OK, due to information I held back, that one was a "Gotcha!"

Going on long, not so leisurely walks with a 15 foot trailing line in one hand, a fanny pack holding small first aid items securely fastened around my waist, and a trusty bloodhound leading me to the current missing person, be it a real run, or a "training" run~~those are the most perfect times for me......

Sadly we've had too many lately when they call too late~~or they know we are going for a recovery and not a rescue~~

Hey, ClutzyEMT, I have family in Grand Forks ND. Where are you? Also, your "When in pain..." quote is similar to what I believe is an old US Navy line of "When in trouble-or in doubt-run in circles-scream and shout". Are you former US Navy or US Marine Corps?

Richard I am straight west of Grand Forks on Highway 2~~one of the two major "gateways" to the oil boom :( which has caused a lot of extra calls for our service :(

I got that quote from my daddy :)....and adjusted it for the boo boo bus, and yes, he was Marine Corp~~

If he's still here, tell him "Semper Fi" from a civilian son of a WW2 US Army T4 Sargent, and a WW2 US Army WAC PFC, 2 kids from Brooklyn, who met and got married in the Army at Fort Knox, KY.

My brother is an American History Professor at UND.

I love smoked cooper cheese. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. Take it, dice it into 1x1's, slice that in lil pieces, take two slabs of ground venison, and put the cheese in between, slam them shut, grill and....OMFG

• Like 1