So... Whats your hobby?

EMTDenny

I'm amazed nobody said EMS..

Why would you be amazed? EMS is my job. When I'm off shift I find other things to do. Hell, my pager is off before I leave the station parking lot.

My wacker days of having the pager/scanner on when I'm at home are long gone. Even they didn't last to long. EMS is not a hobby (well, for some it is), it is a career. It is important to find something else to do other than EMS with your off duty time.

Of course, I may have totally missed the sarcasm or humour in your post, which is entirely possible.

Have a great day and be safe out there!

I was being sarcastic. I recall a huge meeting hall fight when I was offended by someone saying EMS was their hobby. It started with "This ain't a m*********ing country club". Then I don't remember much, but the person never responded again. Didn't that much before, just "good stuff". I have no tolerance for that, in or out. Not a combo of both.

• Like 1

I was being sarcastic. I recall a huge meeting hall fight when I was offended by someone saying EMS was their hobby. It started with "This ain't a m*********ing country club". Then I don't remember much, but the person never responded again. Didn't that much before, just "good stuff". I have no tolerance for that, in or out. Not a combo of both.

I thought as much after I posted. But I do agree with you on all accounts!

I'm amazed nobody said EMS..

that's a good one. I would figure everyone on this website has EMS as a hobby. Considering this is a EMS forum and we do chat most of the time about EMS.

But, yes. EMS is considered one of my hobbies also. I find it amazing and interesting.

I also go to storage auctions as seen on Tv lol

My dad said he'd give me 5K to go with him to a storage auction and see what treasures we could find. He's looking for something to do in his spare time as a retired old fart.

Any tips you can spare for a newbie buyer TSK?

Edited by Captain Kickass

For me the biggest challenge would be offloading the great deals i might get at the auction. I would end up with a garage full of other peoples stuff.

If you have a good place to sell oddities and used stuff you should do well. I have always noticed that on the TV shows the buyers are really connected to a lot of potential people for resale. Most often the show never depicts the resale of an item, only the appraisal and possible asking price if a buyer is found. In fact I don't think I have ever actually seen them resale the stuff purchased in auction.

Without having ever "worked" an auction I would think that the resale time would be a lot longet than the original day spent at the auction.

My dad said he'd give me 5K to go with him to a storage auction and see what treasures we could find. He's looking for something to do in his spare time as a retired old fart.

Any tips you can spare for a newbie buyer TSK?

The subtle clues give you the most information.

Despite TV messy lockers have yielded the best results.

I look for lockers with house hold items, mostly kids items (you'll find video games computers and odds and ends) might not be a treasure magnet but great way to make some money.

If youre looking for antiques, and treasures you need to find out about the owner of the locker, where they worked how often they were at the facility etc... lockers unopened for long time are great.